Aug 19, 2016
ActionAid is an international anti-poverty agency formed in 1972.
We are a partnership between people in poor and rich countries working together to end poverty and injustice.
Today we are working with over 15 million of the world’s poorest and excluded people in over 45 countries worldwide to secure their rights to a life free of poverty and injustice, and with the support of half a million donors and supporters.
ActionAid International Directorate: Institutional Development
Position: HR & Operations Intern
Duration: Full time Fixed Term contract of 12 months
Allowance: A monthly stipend will apply.
Purpose of the Role: To provide support to HR & Operations Business Partner in providing effective delivery of liaison services on administration, finance and operations roles to enable achieve organizational objectives.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide administrative and HR support.
- Acts as the Receptionist whilst still also handling own responsibilities.
- Provide logistics support to AAI activities i.e. workshops, seminars, meetings, staff retreats etc.
- Liaise with the HR & Operations Business Partner and Regional Administrator to organise travel, accommodation, visa for IS staff.
- Support the HR & Operations Business Partner to measure; keep an update and accurate asset inventory and office supplies.
- Liaise with HR & Operations Business Partner to procure office supplies. This includes sourcing quotation and analyzing them to inform finance processing.
- Collaborate with HR & Operations Business Partner to ensure that orders are correctly processed and proper documentation is forwarded to Finance for processing.
- Management of stationary store by keeping a record of all items, issue stationary, carry out stock and raising replenishment requisition for review by HR & Operations Business Partner.
- Constantly update and circulate the procurement status to the HR & Operations Business Partner.
- In collaboration with the ActionAid Kenya (AAIK) administration, ensure the cleanliness of office.
- Regularly monitor functionality of office equipment and bind documents as and when required.
- Provide support and ensure that there is adequate and up to date filing system of the IS office.
- Any other duties.
Desired Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma in, business administration, HR, commerce, procurement or related field
- Strong administration experience, ideally in a HR shared service or busy, customer service environment, will be an added advantage.
- Strong data input/computer skills - excellent written and verbal communication skills - communicates clearly and regularly at all levels, adapting style according to the situation & audience
- Intermediate/advanced skills in Word, Excel.
- Has experience of working to deadlines and the ability to prioritise and manage workload.
- A proactive approach to duties, continually looking at ways to improve administration processes & encouraging others to do so.
- Appreciation and ability to work in a multicultural context.
Applications should be sent with your CV, motivation cover letter by no later than 22nd August, 2016.
You are requested to highlight in the motivation letter how specifically you meet the criteria for this role. Please clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
All Applications send to: Vacancies.Africa@actionaid.org
Interns will be selected on merit, based on their cumulative academic performance, extra-curricular activities and interview performance.
Internship applications from women graduates and those from disadvantaged communities are especially encouraged by AAI. Interns must have the eligibility to work within the country offering the Internship and be over 18 years of age.
Due to high volumes of applications received, we can only correspond with short listed applicants.
Should you not have received feedback on your application within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
ActionAid International will not consider candidates from recruitment agencies. We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.
ActionAid International promotes diversity and welcomes applications from all section of the community.