Aug 31, 2016
Agricultural Field Sales Representative
We’re searching for a sales champion to join as Agricultural Field Sales Representative to help take our sales to the next level.
This position offers an opportunity to launch an exciting new product targeting small and medium-scale farmers in Makueni County.
- Learn and utilize the company’s direct sales methodology to sell an exciting new product directly to commercial small and medium-scale farmers.
- Meet and exceed sales targets
- Advise farmers on the use of best practices in soil management and other Good Agricultural Practices
- Build a portfolio of long-term clients by conducting structured post-purchase service visits with customers
- Daily update sales and pipeline data using Google Apps and the company’s proprietary smartphone app
- Technical Degree in Agriculture (B.Sc. in Horticulture or similar)
- Min. 2 years agricultural sales experience
- High level of motivation and entrepreneurial drive
- Humility and interest in learning in-depth about a new industry, new product category, new sales process, and everything else that’s needed.
- Coachable – a desire to learn, constantly improve, and act on feedback
- Valid car driver’s license and min. 2 years driving experience
- Willingness to relocate to Makueni County
- History of professional growth
- Sense of humour
- Creativity when problem solving
- Positive communication
- Goal driven and self-motivated when working independently
- Basic computer skills – MS Office, Google Apps