Aug 25, 2016
Position Title: Barista
Job Summary: The barista is responsible for serving all products with friendly, individualized attention towards each customer. He/she is also responsible for educating customers about premium coffees and teas.
The barista fulfills any other duties the branch manager, assistant manager or shift supervisor assigns and represents The Coffee Bean & Tea unit in a professional manner.
- Maintains the highest quality, consistent product standards.
- Follows all Company drink recipes and procedures.
- Develops an understanding of coffee and tea of various differences in flavor and blends.
- Begins to educate themselves on the various types of coffee, tea products, blends and roasts.
- Proficiently prepares blended and cold drinks as ordered by the clients.
- Greets all customers with fast, friendly, personalized service and develops a rapport with customers by learning their names, favorite drinks and food items.
- Verbally receives and calls back customer orders in a friendly manner.
- Reports all customer complaints to manager on duty.
- Responds proactively to prevent customer service situations.
- Accurately rings sales orders into cash register and counts back change to customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Answers telephone in a courteous and friendly manner including, but not limited to, giving store greeting, directions to store location, and receiving and filling customer orders.
- Answers customer questions regarding coffee blends, preparation, and product freshness.
- Maintains efficient, friendly service.
- Restocks shelves when necessary.
- Routinely cleans the bar area, floor, windows and grinders, and takes out trash, etc.
- Assists in the distribution of weekly shipments.
- Reports potential safety hazards to the manager on duty.
- Reports all employee accidents to the manager on duty.
- Informs the manager on duty of any operational inconsistencies.
Requirements, Qualifications & Physical Demands:
- Diploma or Certificate in foods and beverage from a recognized institution.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Barista a fast food chain restaurant a must
- Runs errands, when needed, to pick up supplies and/or product.
- May work in special events, as needed.
- Maintains positive Company morale and professional attitude.
- Must be able to work overtime, as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to use hand to finger motions, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move items up to 30 pounds.
- Regularly required to handle food and hot beverages.
How to Apply
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees (1 of which should be immediate, 1 former supervisor and any other) should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 29th August 2016
State your current and Expected Salary
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate on the subject line as ‘Barista’