Aug 2, 2016
Vacancy: Assistant General Manager
Job Ref: WH/AGM/3
About our client: Our client operates a family run 5* boutique hotel in Karen, Nairobi.
The hotel has been solely run by the family since inception.
They are looking for an Assistant General Manager to oversee all operation processes and management of the organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meeting and greeting guests
- Ensure check ins are smooth
- Work with front office to assist guest plan their excursions
- Reconfirm dietary requirements
- Attend to any guest complaints
- Increase bookings through good management of the reservation process
- Production and submission of daily, weekly and monthly management reports on all aspects of running the hotel to owners
- Ensure daily department reports are submitted on time. Daily reports should detail work covered and any issues that arisen in the day with ways they were solved or with suggested solutions should there be queries
- Hold weekly Departmental meetings and ensure minutes for each are circulated for action.
- Weekly reports should cover status of ongoing projects such as staff training, health and safety, repairs and maintenance
- Monthly reports should cover month end stock take, tabulation of expenses vs. revenue, occupancy statistics with comments to explain variances
- Oversee all Food & Beverage functions by supervising kitchen and service at all stages of preparation and production
- Carry out spot checks in kitchen and stores to check status of all products produced and bought
- Conduct experiments that result in the addition of menu items
- Ensure that both teams have all the operational equipment they require
- Responsible for procurement, administration and logistics of all hotel supplies
- Ensure product standards are maintained, procedures are followed to ensure optimum stock levels of all items are maintained at all times
- Carry out random stock takes
- Effectively manage duty rosters with the administrator
- Recruit, train new staff and maintain staff moral and discipline
- Ensure all staff maintain set standards of grooming
- Great attention to detail with regard to checking standards of rooms and buildings prior and during guest stay
- Supervise and ensure landscaping, and swimming pool are maintained to the highest standards
- Maintain and improve cost effective operations and assist with existing systems and procedures
- Ensure all furniture, fixtures, equipment, vehicles, boiler and related equipment are being maintained and serviced on time to prevent breakdowns
- General safety and protection of all guests, staff, property and equipment
- Participate in the implementation of various marketing programs to increase occupancy.
- Act as host to Famtrip groups and Agent inspections
- Develop and enforce budgets
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- University Degree or similar within the hospitality industry.
- A minimum 3 years of experience working within a similar position is essential.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written English skills
- Must have an extremely well presented, keen eye for detail and quality covering all aspects of the hotel, including, but not limited to food and beverage presentation, staff conduct and training, administration procedures and systems. Must possess good IT skills.
- Must have a ‘hands on’, practical mentality, be self-driven and very motivated
- Good working knowledge of Fidelio/Sun Systems/Micros.
- Must understand management accounts.
- Possess a ‘think out of the box’ mentality and have good situational awareness skills.
- Hospitality marketing skills an advantage
- Staff development and mentoring skills essential
Remuneration: An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, send your CV in word format with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted