Aug 19, 2016
Vacancy: Branch Manager
Job Ref: TWC/BM/5
About our client: Our client operates in more than 150 countries. They provide specialised services in business travel management.
They are looking for a Branch Manager to be based in Nairobi.
The incumbent will lead and coordinate the daily activities of the business travel branch and implants.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide the highest levels of service delivery to clients and stakeholders
- Manage daily service levels across all communications channels including telephone and email service factor monitored and met, transaction processing time i.e. turnaround time
- Ensure, in coordination with account management, that all team members are aware of client(s) travel policy and service level requirements. Active participate in client(s) meetings when required
- Monitor team member‟s activity to ensure that company standards of service are meeting at all time when interacting with travellers and travel arrangers through the means of phone, email, fax and any other communication means accepted by company.
- Ensure that service alerts and issues are logged, investigated and escalated in accordance with company standards.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with client‟s contacts at the relevant level. Become the point of contact for all operational aspects.
- Review client survey results and in conjunction with program management implement appropriate best work practice initiatives.
- Ensure internal and external communications and vendors updates are distributed in a timely manner i.e. airfares, hotels and cars.
- Ensure that reservations are processed in a timely manner and in full compliance with company standards including but not limited to use of GDS scripts, queues, ID data requirements, etc.
- Ensure no revenue leakage including but not limited to ensuring that all transactions are charged and that ADM are investigated and processed in a timely manner.
- Provide relevant accurate information in a timely manner without being prompted.
- Provide management and motivation to the team
- Lead, coach, mentor, empower the direct team leaders and agents reports to meet the departments goals.
- Identify training and coaching needs and ensure that direct reports and team members receive relevant training.
- Manage, motivate and provide direction to direct reports to achieve agreed targets.
- Maximise team and team member‟s productivity through ongoing reporting feedback and counseling.
- Enforce goal setting, review and appraisal process of team leaders and ensure that monthly operational goals and KPI‟s are achieved
- Constantly drive direct reports to achieve their personal and team KPIs. Monitor and provide feedback on a daily and weekly basis.
- Provide performance counseling where necessary both reactively to improve performance and proactively to foster professional development.
- Ensure a high level of co-operation and communication between teams, among the operation function and with all functions in the organisation e.g. operations support team, program management, IT, and training.
- Complete monthly individual reviews with direct reports and consultants when necessary, covering their KPIs, hit misses and defining resulting action items and/or personal development plan.
- Monitor and report on all issues pertaining to the operation, escalating and closing off all risks.
- Monitor team activity and workload in order to identify recruitment needs and seek approval.
- Hiring of operations team leaders and provide guidance on recruitment to direct reports
- Participate in recruitment of new team members once approved and conduct “level 2” interviews in a timely manner and in accordance with company standards. Final recruitment subject to agreement with Human Resource Manager
- Ensure the appropriate levels of suitably trained staff to meet service level.
- Coordinate assignment and reassignment of team leader
- Ensure proper applications post and approval of team leaders and allowing for unplanned leave
- Responsible to ensure monthly financials are in alignment with budget
- May approve cost in accordance to internal company policy
- You will be required to assist in the development of operational policies and procedures.
- Improve on where possible all operations practices whilst challenging the „status quo‟ of the present approach
- Ensure at all times that company procedures and policies are followed.
- Provide & maintain a safe working environment, equipment and systems of work.
- Assist in special projects as requested.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years progressive working experience with a travel agency
- Good communications skills both verbal and written
- Must be a Russian Speaker both written and oral
- Abilities to deal within a multicultural environment
- Advanced knowledge of GDS system – Amadeus
- Good understand of client customer service requirement and travel policy
- Must have IATA or GDS training certificate
- Well organised and can manage a team
Remuneration: An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, send your CV in word format with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted