Aug 30, 2016
Planned Parenthood Global
Africa Regional Office
Call for Proposals
Document Editing Services
Introduction: Planned Parenthood Global (PP Global) is the international division of Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA).
PPFA has been a leading sexual and reproductive health (SRH) service provider and advocacy organization in the United States for over a century.
Planned Parenthood Global (PP Global) has worked globally for over 40 years providing local organizations with the technical assistance and financial support they need to run strong, sustainable SRH advocacy and service delivery programs.
The PP Global Africa Regional Office (ARO) based in Nairobi, Kenya works with local non‐governmental organizations in East and West Africa to build their programmatic, institutional and financial capacity to advocate for and provide quality SRH information and services.
PP Global in partnership with non‐governmental organizations in Kenya and Uganda have developed various print materials including program briefs and fact sheets, training guides for clinicians and community health volunteers, and clinical mentorship guides.
ARO is seeking to engage a consultant to edit documents and prepare them for printing.
Objective of the Consultancy
The objective of the consultancy is to edit a clinical provider training guide and prepare it for printing.
The consultant is expected to undertake the following tasks:
- Review and edit a clinical provider training guide
- Layout a draft of the training guide for printing.
The deliverables for this assignment will include:
- A draft edited training guide for review
- A final draft of the edited training guide for layout
- A draft edited training guide laid out for printing
- A final edited guide laid out for printing
Note: ARO has sole ownership of all information and materials related to the consultancy, and shall only be shared or reproduced with written permission of ARO.
Expected Profile of the Consultant(s):
Minimum qualification requirements:
- A recognized university degree in communication, journalism, public health, international development, sociology, anthropology or related social science discipline;
- Minimum five years of work experience in editing health related print materials, particularly sexual and reproductive health training guides.
Interested consultants must submit an application with the following components:
- Understanding and interpretation of the Terms of Reference of the Call for Proposal.
- Methodology or approach for editing the document
- Work plan
Organizational and Personnel Capacity Statement
- The consultant’s profile including relevant experience related to the assignment.
- Two samples of health training materials that the consultant has edited and laid out during the past three years.
- Contacts of organizations for whom the consultant had previously worked
Note: PP Global will directly work with personnel whose CV is submitted in the proposal and any attempt at replacement or substitution of consultancy personnel will be treated as breach of agreement.
Detailed itemized budget that includes
- Consultant’s rate in Kenya Shillings
- Other costs: Please include all costs related to the consultancy.
ARO will be responsible for among others; providing project document for review by the consultant, providing guidance and support to the process, and reviewing the drafts produced by consultant.
It is envisaged that the consultant will promptly consult with ARO in situations where statements in the document are subject to interpretation.
Please submit complete proposal by email no later than 15th September 2016 to:
Evaluation and Award of Consultancy
PP Global will evaluate the proposals and award the assignment based on technical and financial soundness and feasibility.
PP Global reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal received without giving reasons and is not bound to accept the lowest, the highest or any bidder.