Aug 25, 2016
Position Title: Fry Cook
Job Summary: The fry cook’s role is to cook the appropriate “fryer” items in a timely fashion while upholding standards for health, sanitation, safety, and quality.
The fry cook is the last person to see a customer’s order before it goes out the window, so it is key that the fry cook pay special attention to detail and presentation.
Key Result Areas:
- Cook the exact number of items ordered by each customer, working on several different orders simultaneously.
- Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
- Prepare all fryer foods in a timely fashion.
- Check all customer order for completion.
- Send customer orders out the “pick-up” window when completed.
- Identify customer issues/complaints and take necessary steps to correct them.
- Stock and organize the “Fry Station”.
- Clean assigned areas of the kitchen as necessary.
- Prepare daily “prep” items, including frying hash browns.
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
- Clean, stock, and restock workstations and display cases.
- Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Requirements, Qualifications & Physical Demands:
Professionalism and Style Expectations:
The following is expected of every Team Member and Manager:
- Serves great food with great service and a great attitude.
- Projects and assignments are completed thoroughly, professionally and with care in a timely manner.
- Adjusts to high pressure situations and is open to change.
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development.
- Conducts themselves (acts & dresses) professionally at all times while setting the standard for all Team Members.
- Expresses ideas and conveys information clearly, effectively and professionally.
- Works to resolve disagreements; is respectful of peers and co-workers
Knowledge, Experience, Ability and Skills
- A diploma or certificate from food and beverage production/catering
- Previous Experience as a fry cooks in a fast food chain restaurant a must
- 2 years’ consistent work experience
- Able to work in a High-Temperature Kitchen for an Extended Period of Time
Essential Physical Requirements:
Daily physical requirements:
- Stands during entire shift.
- Reaches, bends, stoops, lifts, shakes, pours, carries, and pushes.
- Lifts and carries tubs, trays, and cases weighing.
- Frequent exposure to smoke, steam, high temperatures, humidity and extreme cold.
How to Apply
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees (1 of which should be immediate, 1 former supervisor and any other) should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 29th August 2016
State your current and Expected Salary
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate on the subject line as ‘Fry Cook’