Aug 6, 2016
Our client, one of the largest global apparel companies is seeking to recruit a Logistics Manager, whose core functions include Managing and coordinating all ocean, air, customs and logistics activities for shipments of raw materials and apparel into and out of Africa.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing networks of service providers to ensure compliance with the organizations requirements and guidelines to Global destinations.
- Manage, by exception, the shipment of PO’s to meet applicable dates by destination/division requirements
- Maximize container utilization in order to decrease ocean freight per unit cost
- Manage regional ocean carrier allocation plan and ocean freight yearly expense to ensure contractual obligations are met
- Provide first level escalation point for the organizations factory as well as offices
- Coordinate with Hub offices to roll out and ensure adherence to logistics process
- Assist in negotiating competitive freight rates to reduce transportation costs
- Provide estimates to hubs/factories for use in determining modes of transport options
- Working to ensure freight spending is within budget
- Lead tactical implementations of strategic initiatives
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing and Supply, Procurement, Logistics or equivalent preferred
- 5+ years of International Logistics experience with a major Wholesaler/Retailer or a 3rd Party Logistics Provider
- General knowledge of Transportation regulations and requirements
- MS Office and Logistics Shipment Tracking software
- International experience is an added advantage
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org or before close of business 20th August, 2016.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and salary expectation on the subject line
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement