Aug 11, 2016
The Company: Hass Petroleum is a regional oil marketing company with a significant presence in East Africa and the Great Lakes region.
We have fully fledged operations in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, South Sudan, Somalia and the DRC, dealing with sales and distribution of white oils (Diesel, Petrol & Kerosene), Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) and our own brand of lubricants blended to world class standards.
The Job: We seek to recruit qualified and experienced Oracle Developer.
The position is responsible for enhancing the company Oracle EBS platform by developing Reports and Custom programs using PL/SQL as well as Oracle Forms.
In addition to development the successful candidate will be required to provide second level support for HASS’ ERP platform on Oracle financials, Order Management, Inventory and procurement modules.
Key responsibilities include
- Providing support for Oracle Applications R12.
- Enhance existing reports as well as build new ones.
- Develop new customs programs as well augment existing ones.
- Provide functional support in coordination with first technical support group
- Planning, Testing and Performing software upgrades
- Assisting with database loads and data conversion activities
- Supporting environments and SR resolution
- Analyse and optimize report/query performance for optimal systems performance.
- Share knowledge and expertise internally
- Supporting the EBS services in a 7 x 24 high availability environment.
- Actively manage incidents to ensure compliance against measurable service within documented tolerances and service levels
- Internal user support.
Required Knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Technology or any other related field;
- At least 3 years’ experience as an Oracle Developer.
- Must be an Oracle Certified practitioner
- In-depth knowledge of Linux (Oracle Linux), SQL and PL/SQL;
- In-depth knowledge of OS, EBS systems and applications.
- Strong experience with system management tools and client/server environments;
- Experience with their database software/web applications, Apache and web services.
- Strong Shell programming expertise for task automation.
- Experience in providing production support in R12;
- Solid knowledge of all aspects of Oracle/R12 ERP development, development tools, best practices and standards, including Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports;
- Should have strong understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC);
- Experience using release management tools, including version control system and release management best practices;
- A working knowledge of structured test methods and processes is definite plus.
If you are interested and meet the required profile, please send us your cover letter and detailed CV, including your qualifications, experience, present position and current remuneration to email@example.com on or before August 20, 2016.
Your application should also include names and addresses of three referees, a working e-mail address and daytime telephone contacts.
Applications received after the deadline date will not be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.