Aug 25, 2016
Job Title: Head of Sales - Broker & Direct Sales
Profile Introduction: Our client, a leader in Insurance seeks to recruit a self-driven individual to the position of Head of Sales: Broker & Direct Sales.
The successful candidate will be tasked with, growing sales in the Group Life and Segregated pensions business through the Direct Business, Internally Tied Agents and Brokers
The successful candidate will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Developing and Implementing a new business acquisition plan to achieve the budgeted sales targets;
- Developing and Implementing a Product Training Plan through the various distribution channels to increase uptake of the company’s group life and pension offering;
- Achieving the set sales targets in order to contribute to the overall growth and profitability of the business;
- Overseeing Implementation of the existing incentive scheme for intermediaries to achieve the targeted sales numbers;
- Reporting on sales and channel performance to the various stakeholders;
- Implementing findings from research and innovation to position the company as superior in the market;
- Achieving optimal business retention in corporate Group Life and pensions business;
- Ensuring continuous compliance of brokers in response to changes in the regulatory environment;
- Leading and Coaching staff effectively to achieve optimal sales.
- Communication & Negotiation skills;
- Enterprising skills;
- Leadership & People Development;
- Customer Focus & Stakeholder management;
- Operational Excellence.
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree (or Business related Degree) ;
- MBA will be an added advantage;
- Professional qualification in Insurance (ACII or AIIK, LOMA, ) or on-going pursuit thereof;
- Diploma in Sales & Marketing (Desirable);
- Knowledge of pension and group life products;
- Understanding of Direct Client, Broker, Bancassurance and other Distribution Channels;
- Six (6) years’ experience in sales under corporate Pension & Life Business, three (3) of which should be at leadership role.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge apply through www.altimaafrica.com/careers.php before 5PM, Wednesday 7th September 2016.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.