Aug 24, 2016
Position: HR Business Partner (Mombasa, Kampala)
The Role: The HR business partner will lead and manage the people management related agenda at the internal client.
S/he will co-ordinate the company’s business development strategy and business plan in the country or region.
S/he will lead the change management projects and manage the HR related internal and external communication.
S/he will not act as the HR Consultant but rather share the responsibility for the goals and targets delivery.
Duties & Responsibilities
Human Resource Management
- Act as a single point of the contact for the employees and manager in the business unit
- Proactively supports the delivery of HR Processes at the client’s side
- Manage complex and difficult HR Projects cross-functionally
- Build a strong business relationship with the internal client
- Actively identify gaps, proposes and implement changes necessary to cover risks
- Recruit personally the key talents for the internal client
- Facilitate the management team to bring best solutions for employees
- Act as the performance improvement driver and provoke positive changes in the people management
- Design and maintain organization vitality charts as the performance of the business unit improves
- Design succession plans for key talents and key job positions
- Challenge the organizational structure of the internal client and propose changes
- Act as the member of the HR Management Team
- Identifying new sales leads
- Pitching company services
- Maintaining fruitful relationships with existing clients
- Researching organizations online, including on social media, to identify new leads and potential new markets
- Contacting potential clients to establish rapport and set up meetings
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives
- Attending conferences, meetings and company events
- Preparing sales presentations and display charts
- Contacting clients to inform them about new developments in the company’s products
- Developing quotes and proposals
- Previous experience in Human Resources Management
- Strong Business Acumen
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and its current events
- The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Team Player
- Good Communication Skills
- Outstanding Negotiation Skills
- Project Management and Change Management Skills
- Strong Time Management and Priorities Management Skills
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Labor Law Knowledge Skills
Qualifications & Key Competences
- Degree in Business
- HND in Human Resource
- Masters degree is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in HR functions in a commercial set up.
- Must have country knowledge (as applicable) and conversant with the relevant labour laws and practice.
- Must understand CBA negotiations and have hands on experience in dealing with Industrial relations and work place disputes.
- Demonstrate a strong results focused attitude and speedy issue closure mindset
- Member of IHRM and/or a recognized related professional body
- HRIS savvy
Qualified and Eligible candidates should send their CVs to email@example.com with the subject of the email being HRBP Mombasa or HRBP Kampala (Whichever applies)
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED