Aug 1, 2016
Our client, a Business Strategy Consultancy is in need of a Human Resource Manager.
- Perform job analysis and design
- Forecast and planning skills
- Remuneration and leave administration
- Dealing with consultants and service providers
- Employee relations management
- Ability to design and implement a Communication Strategy
- Design Code of Conduct, Disciplinary procedure and Grievance resolution capability
- Orientation and on boarding of new employees
- Coaching and mentoring
- Ability to create Incentives through a rewards design and implementation
- Ability to undertake a Balance Scorecard to measure and provide feedback that will assist in implementing strategies and objectives to include KPIs and SOPs
- Ability to carry out Benchmarking best practices and tools to include process of identifying, understanding and adapting practices that will help the organization improve its performance
- Good labour laws knowledge and experience.
- Compile monthly payroll
- Custodian of job evaluation process in accordance to changes in the Company
- Manage and evaluation of the staff exit programme (retirement voluntary and normal , exit interviews)
- Management of the HRIS system
- Interpret and apply human resources policies, rules and regulations as well as standards and techniques
- Identify needs for new or modified human resources policies, practices and reviews, and recommend amendments or actions accordingly as required
- Responsible for managing the recruitment function
- Managing the HR activities within the office
- Develop training programs and contribute to the design of company learning/training management system
- Provide advice to staff and managers with respect to performance management issues
- Responsible for the implementation of performance management and reward system within the company
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- University degree in Human Resource Management
- Conversant with the Kenya labour laws
- Management experience with at least 3-5 years relevant Human Resources experience
- Training and experience utilizing computers and other HR software packages.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication.
- Good knowledge of HR policies, rules and procedures.
- Good interviewing skills
- Ability to work under high pressure
- Excellent customer relations
- Flexible, empathy, energetic and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Post graduate Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Accounting knowledge
- Certificate of workplace counseling from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
- Human resources management
- Create job descriptions and profiles
- Performance review methods and techniques
- Staff training, development and recognition
- Mentoring and coaching
- An understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- Conversant with employment laws
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Supervisory skills
- Team building skills
- Problem solving skills
- Good organization skills
- Ability to keep abreast with the industry practices
If you believe you qualify for this position, please send your CV and details of your current and expected remuneration to email@example.com
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.