Aug 19, 2016
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Department or Function: HRM.
Reports to Role: Director
Location: Ruiru, Kenya
550 employees in total
Role Purpose: To offer support to the management on all issues relating to human capital, and all standards.
Responsible for :
- Recruitment and Placement. Personnel filing.
- Payroll processing including staff attendance device i.e. clocking and staff cards
- Statutory registrations and deduction
- Staff medical cover
- Insurance including Workman Compensation handling
- Labour and industrial relations. All general workers are unionized with KPAWU
- HSE and staff welfare management. PPEs.
- Leave management.
- Quality management System updates.
- Coordination of all non-financial audits in the farm including internal audits.
- To assist the Production and Post Harvest Managers in the labor force requirement, planning, motivation, control and evaluation.
- Office management including telephone and receptionist
- Training and development. DIT.
- Annual and periodic staff performance appraisals at all levels of Company employees and review Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s
- Review and optimize employee’s job description on a regular basis
- Direct people responsibility: The person in this function will be responsible for the supervision of the Payroll processing Clerk, the Standard Officer, the office secretary, the company nurses, the drivers, the house staff and the company Security sub-contracted team in terms of HR..
Knowledge Skills & Experience:
- Personnel administration and management.
- Kenyan labour laws.
- Data base and payroll systems
- Ms word and Ms Excel
- People management.
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills.
- Hands on
- 5 years experience in Personnel administration preferably in an industrial setting.
- Innovative - Offer support to the line managers in challenging and improving the current way of doings things to increase labour productivity and efficiency.
- Decisive - Demonstrate ability to take prudent action with little oversight.
- Communicative - Demonstrates openness in communication to others, able to communicate to general workers in a language they can understand, listens well and incorporates the thoughts and ideas of others. Capable to communicate in writing through well mastered reports.
- Trusted - Track record for building trust and reliability to deliver required results.
- Team-oriented - Ability to work in a team of other managers keeping in minds the overall company objectives.
- Results-oriented - Ability to deliver required results and support.
Other behaviors critical for the role
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to enforce adherence to company policies.
- Ability to negotiate with the unionized employees ,other stake holders and suppliers in the industry.
- Ability to exhibit patience and tolerance.
- Ability to support and service people in a wide range of activities.
Critical Success Factors and Key Challenges.
- Matching critical positions with the right personnel.
- Maintaining structured, stable company policies, work procedures and environment.
- Maintaining labour and industrial peace and stability.
- Maintaining a highly motivated labourforce.
- Improving labour productivity at the general worker levels.
- Increasing and maintaining efficiency at the supervisory and management levels.
- Effective management of employee’s health.
- Optimising purchase cost wise and time wise for the Company
- Maintaining proper security of company staff and assets
How to Apply
Apply in confidence to email@example.com