Aug 5, 2016
Job Vacancy: ICT Officer
Job Ref: ICPAK 0011/2016
The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) is the professional organization for Certified Public Accountants in Kenya established in 1978 and draws its mandate from the Accountants Act No. 15 of 2008.
Since then, ICPAK has been dedicated to development and regulation of the accountancy profession in Kenya so as to enhance its contribution and that of its members to national economic growth and development.
In its endeavor on institutional strengthening, ICPAK is seeking to recruit dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individual to fit in a team that will propel it to a World Class Professional Accountancy Institute.
Job Summary: The ICT Officer supports the ICT Manager in ICT support assignments, installation / configuration, operation, user training and maintenance of ICT systems and related infrastructure.
Job Profile: The ICT Officer falls within ICPAK Grade 7 and shall report to the ICT Manager. The officer shall perform the following duties and responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide first level help-desk support and problem resolution to all users with regard to all ICT related issues i.e. Systems hardware, software, networks etc.
- Regularly review and maintain the ICT Assets Register/Inventory (including licenses)
- Installation and deployment of user systems e.g. user operating systems, application software, drivers, printers, scanners, copiers etc.
- Ensure all issues about the ICT systems are timely and accurately responded to.
- Provide necessary on-the-job ICT training to new staff members.
- Track, route and document problems and requests to relevant departments
- Configure and execute ICT Systems backup procedures on a daily basis, as well as test and check the integrity of backups
- Responsible for the backup of system files, user files and emails and assisting users with these backup processes and recovery of backed up data in case of data loss.
- To install, maintain and upgrade a wide range of ICT equipment.
- Respond to ICT Support requests in a timely fashion to ensure minimum disruption to Work.
- Assist with computer recycling and arrange for the safe disposal of used toner cartridges.
- Update the website regularly
- To perform any other lawful duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Person Profile: Qualifications and experience
- Academic Qualifications: ICT Degree
- Professional qualifications: Relevant post graduate qualifications
- 3 years working experience with exposure in Windows networking, Windows Server
- Basic knowledge in administering SQL Server
Key Competencies and Personal Attributes
- Must be able to demonstrate good planning, organizing and coordinating skills
- The ability to work effectively under time pressure and constraints
- Drive for results and achievement
- Ability to execute multiple assignments within set deadlines
- Highly motivated, energetic, go getter and a self-starter
- The ability to work well with financial reporting systems
- Ability to use Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application letter and CV in PDF format clearly indicating the position applied for, current and expected salary to the following: email@example.com
Applications should be received on or before close of business on Thursday, 11th August, 2016.