Aug 15, 2016
Position: IT Intern (One position)
Deadline to Apply: Rolling Basis
Start Date: 1st September 2016
Eligibility: Position open to local Kenyan hires only
About Innovations for Poverty Action: Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a non-profit research organization that creates and evaluates approaches to solving development problems.
IPA disseminates the results of its evaluations to policymakers, practitioners, investors and donors around the world.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in performing hardware and software installation procedures
- Perform software configuration on stand-alone computers and laptops
- Provide support in diagnosing hardware and software issues and troubleshooting activities
- Lay cables and wires for networks and ensure that they are in good working order
- Assist in handling data migration duties
- Take user support requests and take measures to fulfill requests
- Assist in hardware and software inventory management
- Handle periodic maintenance of hardware and software
- Troubleshoot equipment such as printers and scanners and other peripherals
- Participate in the development of software applications
- Handle researching options and research computer bugs and their solutions
- Take telephone calls from users and attempt to assist them with their information technology questions and problems
- Handle IT related documentation and make sure that all IT supplies are available
- Assist in gathering user requirements and developing appropriate reports for IT professionals
- Provide users with ongoing assistance in their information technology problems
- Coordinate vendors for acquisition of equipment and software
- Provide support in setting up end user training activities
- Handle infrastructure administration activities such as server and storage capacity handling and directory services management
- Develop incident response procedures and assist with business intelligence development activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related field.
- Strong technical skills including understanding of software development principles
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines, multi task, work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software is necessary
- Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to multi-task and support multiple priorities
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple clients and multiple team members with confidence.
To Apply: Click here - https://poverty-action.formstack.com/forms/it_intern_
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the IT – Intern. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant.