Aug 4, 2016
Job Advertisement: Nutrition Officer, Food Fortification
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide.
International Medical Corps currently implements projects in various counties in Kenya.
International Medical Corps is seeking a candidate to fill a position of Nutrition Officer to support IMC nutrition interventions in Kilifi County
Scope of Work – Essential Duties
- Support capacity strengthening of key stakeholders in food fortification monitoring at both national and county levels.
- Support monitoring of salt iodization at household and market level in all counties
- Provide national level support to Salt Iodization Monitoring
- Support the functioning of the national food fortification database
- Facilitate trainings to key stakeholders (policy makers, health workers, women of reproductive age and school going children) on the importance of food fortification using existing food fortification materials and using local channels
- Support food fortification coordination functions both at the county and national level.
- Prepare summary documents, and reports as required.
Qualification and Experience
- Must have a Minimum qualification of degree in nutrition, proven technical and administrative skills
- Registered with the relevant professional body. E.g. KNDI
- At least 2 years working with NGOs/ UN agencies in complex or emergency context.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience working in nutrition program in a limited resource setting.
- Strong negotiation and representational skills.
- Excellent team building, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in nutritional surveillance, report writing, monitoring and evaluation.
Qualified and interested candidates to submit applications BY E-MAIL ONLY which should include:-
(1) Application Letter;
(2) Current C.V. with telephone number and e-mail address;
(3) Three referees with contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses not later than 18th August 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these standards to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.