Aug 29, 2016
Business Development Manager
Location: West Africa (preferably residing in Nigeria) and Central Africa (preferably residing in DRC)
Industry: Information Technology
Our client, a leading African ISP whose expertise lies in designing, installing and operating networks while offering solutions over satellite, fibre optic and wireless networks, is seeking to recruit a Business Development Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, Recruit, Develop, Manage new and existing Channel Partners (distributors) to ensure revenue and market share growth
- Develop aggressive sales strategies for Channel Partners to achieve overall sales targets and objectives
- Direct Sales: Identify and qualify sales prospects (Multinational/Pan African/regional/bulk/key accounts as direct sales)
- Revenue Generation by creating new sales and business opportunities for the company through opening new accounts, giving quotations to clients as needed
- Work closely with other members of the team in compiling proposals as well as closing sales deals
- Lead negotiations of contracts, tenders and follow up on project implementation
- Seek out opportunities within existing accounts to grow market share and create visibility of our products
- Assist Finance team with Debt collection (current or past/old) by following up with problematic clients to ensure they pay in good time as per the agreed credit terms
- Identify customers’ requirements and provide solutions that meet their requirements
- Build and maintain profitable relationships with customers
- Participate proactively in company sales and marketing meetings, initiatives and campaigns
- Monitor competition activities, initiatives or developments and make recommendations as well as communicate the same to management
- Identify, initiate and pursue strategic contacts within key accounts, developing a network of key decision makers at strategic and operational level
- Monitor and optimize revenue /margin/contribution in line with approved Key Account Business plans
- Work with marketing to implement all marketing plans, merchandising plans and promotional activities
- Lead analysis and management of the volume and mode of generation, rejections, and pending numbers. Pipeline reporting and updating.
- Producing a market intelligence report on competitors activities with a view of increasing our market share
- Ensuring that all company protocols in the sales process, policies, procedures and communication are followed and adhered too.
- Ensure Full compliance with Company laid down systems, standards and procedures / processes
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client/channel partner(distributor) debriefs
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 3 years of sales or marketing experience.
- At least a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar field
- Must Speak French and English
- Be able to work flexible hours
- Be prepared to travel across Africa
- Knowledge and experience of African ICT (preferable VSAT/ISP/Broadband) and emerging markets
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org or before close of business 15th September, 2016.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and salary expectation on the subject line
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement