Aug 5, 2016
The Kenya Pipeline Company (KPC) Limited is a State Corporation established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya to provide efficient, reliable, safe and cost effective means of transporting quality oil and gas from source to the customer.
The Company (KPC) is in the process of developing a Center of Excellence (COE) for building human capacity by offering training programs that are geared towards the needs of oil and gas pipeline operations in Eastern Africa Region.
KPC seeks to appoint a suitable candidate, who should be a dynamic, visionary and results-oriented person of high ethical standards and professionalism to the position of:
Deputy Director (Research & Innovation)
Overall Purpose: Reporting to the Director, COE he/she will be responsible for Research and Innovation.
The Deputy Director will have the overall mandate of establishing a strong Research and Innovation foundation for the Centre and be the research and innovation team leader.
Duration: Three (3) year contract terms (renewable subject to good performance)
- Developing and implementing a master plan for the COE for research and innovation in Oil and Gas production, processing, distribution and related issues.
- Developing and implementing a research and innovation strategy and associated policies that will promote innovation and business diversification.
- Ensuring effective research and innovation management.
- Liaising with academic and research institutions, other stakeholders and national institutions in relation to research and innovation.
- Identifying and engaging potential partners and donors to support the Centre both financially and materially to effectively carry out its mandate.
- Monitoring activities with regard to research targets and quality.
- Advising the Director on the research and innovation infrastructure needs of the Centre.
- Develop a consultancy capacity that will be a source of revenue to the Centre i.e. engage consultancy wing and seeking for consultancy businesses.
- Formulate and coordinate business expansion, development and diversification strategies.
- Deputize, advise the Director and undertake any other duty delegated by the Director.
Key Qualifications & Experiences
- Master’s degree in Oil & Gas or related field. An earned PhD degree in a related field will be an added advantage.
- Ten (10) years’ working experience, five (5) of which should have been at the level of senior management of teaching/research/administration in Universities, Colleges or other institutions of higher education.
- Experience in oil and gas industry operations
- Membership of relevant professional bodies/ institutions
- Must be a member of a professional body in the related sector.
- Experience in institutional management
- Excellent communication skills & time management skills
- Research and Innovation skills
- Ability to create and maintain business networks/relationships
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of oil and industry requirements including broad knowledge of international trends.
- Ability to establish flexible multidisciplinary teams in an environment conducive to continuous learning, creativity, research and innovation
Terms of Service and Remuneration
The appointment will be for a contractual period of three (3) years renewable subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes.
NB: Candidates interested in this position are expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application copies of the following certificates;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit reference bureau
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence to the address below enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional qualifications, and attach copies of certificates and relevant testimonials.
Applications may be deposited at our Head Office, Kenpipe Plaza, Ground Floor in the APPLICATION BOX
or posted to:
The Managing Director
Kenya Pipeline Company Limited
P.O. Box 73442, 00200
All applications should be received not later than Friday, 12th August, 2016.
Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
This advertisement is may also be found on our website www.kpc.co.ke