Aug 10, 2016
Lutheran World Federation Department for World Services Kenya / Djibouti program is seeking to recruit Kenyan nationals on a temporary basis for three (3) months for the following positions to be based in Kakuma.
Position: Litigation Assistants
The litigation staff will work with persons of concern and network of partners stay abreast of political, social, economic and cultural developments that have an impact on the protection environment and provide advice to the protection team during the registration process.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support the verification team in understand the perspectives, capacities, needs and resources of the persons of concern and advise the protection team accordingly, highlighting the specific protection needs of women and men, children, youth and older persons, persons with disabilities and marginalized groups.
- Support implementing and operational partners as well as displaced and local communities to develop community-owned activities to address, where applicable, the social, educational, psycho-social, cultural, health, organizational and livelihood concerns as well as child protection and prevention and response to SGBV during the verification exercise.
- Assist in working with host communities to involve national civil society groups in improving the protection of persons of concern. Assist in the analysis that identifies the capacities of communities of concern and risks they face.
- Support participatory assessments and ongoing consultation with persons of concern.
- Support communities in establishing representation and coordination structures.
- Collect data for monitoring of programmes and budgets.
- Draft and type routine correspondence, documents and reports using word processing equipment and maintain up-to-date filing systems.
- Act as interpreter in exchange of routine information, contribute to related liaison activities and respond directly to routine queries.
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in International Development, Cultural Studies, Human Rights, International Social Work, Social Science, Political Science, Anthropology, International Law or other clearly related disciplines.
- Minimum of 2 years’ previous relevant job experience.
- Computer skills (MS Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Ability to tolerate cultural, education and religious diversity in the work place.
- Good communication, organization and presentation skills
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit an application letter clearly indicating the reference number and a detailed CV, including email address and telephone contacts for three referees, one of whom must be your supervisor in your current/former employment.
Applications should reach the undersigned by 12th August, 2016.
Human Resource Officer
Lutheran World Federation, Compound I
Kakuma Sub Program
Or email to: email@example.com