Aug 6, 2016
Position: Managing Director
The Role: To control and oversee all business operations, people and ventures. S/He will be the highest ranking manager in the organisation and will be responsible for the overall success of the business.
The ideal candidate will be a strategist and a leader able to steer the company to the most profitable direction while also implementing its vision, mission and long term goals.
Very strong crisis management skills will also be essential since the managing director is the one expected to “save” the company in times of need.
- Develop and execute the company’s business strategies in order to attain the goals of the board and shareholders
- Provide strategic advice to the board and CEO so that they will have accurate view of the market and the company’s future
- Prepare and implement comprehensive business plans to facilitate achievement by planning cost-effective operations and market development activities
- Ensure company policies and legal guidelines are communicated all the way from the top down in the company and that they are followed at all times
- Communicate and maintain trust relationships with shareholders, business partners and authorities
- Oversee the company’s financial performance, investments and other business ventures
- Delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of executives providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance
- Read all submitted reports by lower rank managers to reward performance, prevent issues and resolve problems
- Act as the public speaker and public relations representative of the company in ways that strengthen its profile
- Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth
- Proven experience as Managing Director or other managerial position
- Demonstrable experience in developing strategic and business plans
- Thorough knowledge of driving school market changes and forces that influence the company
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and measures of performance
- Familiarity with corporate law and management best practices
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
- BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field; MSc/MA will be preferred
Apply in confidence stating your current and expected salary to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.