Aug 16, 2016
Position: Mechatronics Engineer
- Oversee the work of contractors in accordance with project requirements.
- Design engineering systems for the automation of industrial tasks
- Create mechanical design documents for parts, assemblies or finished products
- Design advanced electronic control systems for mechanical systems
- Maintain technical project files
- Create embedded software design programs.
- Analyze existing development or manufacturing procedures and suggest improvements.
- Implement or test design solutions.
- Identify and select materials appropriate for mechatronic system designs.
- Create mechanical models and tolerance analyses to simulate mechatronic design concepts.
- Upgrade the design of existing devices by adding mechatronic elements.
- Design advanced precision equipment for accurate or controlled applications.
- Publish engineering reports documenting design details or qualification test results.
- Provide consultation or training on topics such as mechatronics or automated control.
- Research, select, or apply sensors, communication technologies, or control devices for motion control, position sensing, pressure sensing, or electronic communication.
- Design, develop, or implement control circuits or algorithms for electromechanical or pneumatic devices or systems.
- Conduct studies to determine the feasibility, costs, or performance benefits of new mechatronic equipment.
- Develop electronic, mechanical, or computerized processes to perform tasks in dangerous situations, such as underwater exploration or extraterrestrial mining.
- Design mechatronics components for computer-controlled products, such as cameras, video recorders, automobiles, or airplanes.
- Apply mechatronic or automated solutions to the transfer of materials, components, or finished goods.
- Design or develop automated control systems for environmental applications, such as waste processing, air quality, or water quality systems.
- Design self-monitoring mechanical systems, such as gear systems that monitor loading or condition of systems to detect and prevent failures.
- Monitor or calibrate automated systems, industrial control systems, or system components to maximize efficiency of production.
- A degree combination of mechanical engineering and electronics.
- At least 3 years experience in a manufacturing company or a busy environment
- Knowledge of FMCG would be an advantage
- An interest in mechanics and electronics
- Creativity and imagination
- Problem-solving skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Practical and technical skills
- A detailed and methodical approach to work.
Apply stating your current and expected salary to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted