Aug 16, 2016
Position: Merchandising Supervisor
The Role: Responsible for comparing sales data for products they handle and make recommendations to management regarding possible solutions if sales are low.
- Determine call schedule by reviewing priorities with supervisor; discussing special instructions, product promotions, new products, and price changes.
- Identifying trends and making sales predictions based on product popularity, past sales data, industry trade publications and information gained by attending product shows.
- Comparing sales data for products they handle and make recommendations to management regarding possible solutions if sales are low. This may involve modifying displays, moving to different locations within the store, adjusting prices or discontinuing an item
- Timely merchandising of seasonal goods and their removal after prime selling periods expire.
- Keep track of inventory and submitting order requests to the purchasing department
- Maintain customer relationships by visiting with store managers, department managers, and employees; answering their questions; responding to special requests; describing product features.
- Maintain store shelves by observing displays of company products; removing damaged or freshness-dated products; tidying store shelves; providing optimum display of products.
- Maintain inventory by restocking shelves with product from inventory; observing inventory levels; prompting store management to reorder when levels appear low; arranging for return and credit for damaged products.
- Create attractive point-of-sale displays and help to meet set goals by creating an aesthetically pleasing shopping environment through the display and placement of merchandise.
- Complete call report by observing display and pricing of competitors' products.
- Helps field sales representatives with special promotions by setting-up displays at aisle ends; checking daily on special promotions; observing customer reaction to special promotions; forwarding observations to management; removing promotions at end of special promotion period.
- Provide information by reporting growth, expansion, or closing of supermarkets in assigned territory.
- Maintain quality results by following and enforcing standards.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance merchandising and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- A Degree in business or finance
- HND in marketing would be an advantage.
- Strong numerical skills and experience in retail marketing is highly desirable
- Skills and interest in stock control levels
- Over 25 years of age with at least 3 years’ prior experience in merchandising supervision
- Strong business awareness
- Excellent number and data analysis skills, using spreadsheets
- Good decision-making skills
- Understanding of what motivates customers to buy products
- The ability to achieve results while remaining calm under pressure
- Confidence when leading negotiations or presenting at board meetings
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to build useful working relationships
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence others
- Excellent organisational and planning skills with ability to prioritise
- Initiative and a creative approach to solving problems
- The ability to work well in a team.
Please apply in confidence stating your current and expected salary to email@example.com