Aug 10, 2016
Nation Staff Consumer Society has an excellent career opportunity available for:
Canteen Chef / Manager
Got an appetite for hard work?
There is plenty on the menu for you...
- Manage all aspects of the canteen, including co-ordinating the activities and training for all chefs, cooks, lounge and kitchen personnel to ensure safe, efficient and profitable service.
- Maximise the profitability of the canteen operations through effective cost controls.
- Maintain consistent standards of service, ensuring customer satisfaction while creating a work environment that supports organisational values.
- Overall responsibility will be to plan menus making sure food is of the right quality and price and is produced on time
- Ensure the development of new menus based on food trends, regional tastes and client requests.
- Tracking the food costs and assisting in the development of canteen budgets.
- Ensure implementation of effective cost controls without compromising quality and service standards.
- To manage staff: training, motivating and structuring the team. He or she will ensure a good working atmosphere
- To provide rigorous management: controlling raw material stocks, especially in terms of their cost
- Set and review the canteen objectives and provide performance feedback through performance appraisal process.
- Ensure awareness and compliance to all Health & Safety work practices and regulations.
- Liaison with external parties and the resolving any issues arising
- Ensure business development and growth.
- Keep the Board informed of all operational matters that are of relevance to the growth of the business.
The ideal candidate:
- Must have a passion for food and requisite experience of working in a professional kitchen
- Must be a qualified chef with a Diploma from a reputable institution.
- At least O level academic certificate
- Must be a team player with good relationship skills
- Must possess Problem Solving Skills: Dealing with employee conflict and irate customers
- Being able to come up with a solution quickly is a need skill.
- Must have previous experience developing budgets and forecasts and managing food costs.
- Must be focused on providing a consistently high standard of customer service.
- Must be self-driven and detail-orientated with the ability to organise and plan ahead.
- Must have the ability to lead, multi-task, and make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have integrity
- Must be Computer Literate.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and make quick decisions.
If you meet the above criteria, please send your application letter and a detailed CV to
Nation Staff Canteen Limited,
P.O Box 22022, 00400,
before 16th August, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.