Aug 12, 2016
The National Empowerment Network of People living with HIV/AIDS in Kenya (NEPHAK) is a national network that unites people living with HIV (PLHIV) and those affected by TB and AIDS through community based organizations and non-governmental organizations including PLHIV networks.
NEPHAK works in partnership with line government structures and like-minded civil society organizations to improve community health in Kenya.
NEPHAK is currently looking for qualified professionals to join its team for the implementation of the Global Fund to fight AIDS, TB and Malaria (GFATM) HIV - Project with the Kenya Red Cross Society as the Principle Recipient in partnership with the Ministry of Health in Kakamega County.
A qualified and experienced professional is being looked for to join NEPHAK team in the following position:
Administrative Assistant / Receptionist
The position is responsible for providing general administration support to NEPHAK DICE.
- T.1 Manage the reception area and coordinate the flow of clients/visitors movement (entry/service/exit).
- T.2 Register incoming mail and forward to the relevant staff concerned.
- T.3 Ensure out-going mails are send on time through courier or any other authorised courier.
- T.4 Manage office supplies and consumables.
- T.5 Assist in taking minutes during staff meetings.
- T.6 Make sure that office premises are kept clean and tidy and ensure all meeting rooms, kitchen and washrooms are clean all the time.
- T.1 Coordinate meetings and ensure meeting room is set-up on time and tea, snacks or lunch is served on time if participants have requested and liaise with the office assistant.
- T.2 Assist in providing logistical support for routine and special activities such as trainings, workshops, seminars, board/committee meetings, parties etc.
- T.3 Internally, assist in coordinating use of the boardroom and meeting room by staff and visitors.
- T.4 Assist with taxi and flight arrangements as per submitted requests.
R3. Performing any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: (The knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education and prior experience or on-the-job-training).
Level of Education
Specialized Training / Professional Qualifications
- Diploma in Front Office Management.
Competencies / Abilities / Skills Required
- Strong interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Good interpersonal skills to be able to relate to people of diverse backgrounds.
- Attention to detail.
- Effective communication both oral and written.
- Good organizing skills.
Relevant Job Experience
- At least one (1) year relevant work experience.
NEPHAK Working Conditions
The positions involve frequent travel by the jobholder to visit member organizations and project sites and the travel may at times involve exposure to adverse weather conditions and difficult circumstances.
There may be periods that require the jobholder to work odd hours when necessary to meet deadlines or respond to specific situations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send an Application Letter and CV to
NEPHAK National Secretariat,
3rd Floor, Wood Avenue Court, Wood Avenue,
off Lenana/Argwings Kodhek Roads.
P. O. Box 75654 00200
and/or email: email@example.com
(indicate clearly the position applied for in Subject line of the email)
by Friday 26th August 2016.
NEPHAK is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.