Aug 12, 2016
The National Empowerment Network of People living with HIV/AIDS in Kenya (NEPHAK) is a national network that unites people living with HIV (PLHIV) and those affected by TB and AIDS through community based organizations and non-governmental organizations including PLHIV networks.
NEPHAK works in partnership with line government structures and like-minded civil society organizations to improve community health in Kenya.
NEPHAK is currently looking for qualified professionals to join its team for the implementation of the Global Fund to fight AIDS, TB and Malaria (GFATM) HIV - Project with the Kenya Red Cross Society as the Principle Recipient in partnership with the Ministry of Health in Kakamega County.
A qualified and experienced professional is being looked for to join NEPHAK team in the following position:
The position is responsible for management of Clinical Services in the DICE.
Specifically, work will involve seeing and examining patients, ordering investigation and interpretation of results for diagnosis and treatment in the DICE; conducting Community health care activities; managing DICE staff; ensuring the DICE is running efficiently.
- T.1 Management of Health Services.
- T.2 Patient care and management.
- T.3 Training/capacity building/Supervising/Counselling.
- T.4 Conducting Community health care activities.
- T.5 Planning and conducting primary health care activities
- T.6 Supervising and coordination staff engaged in routine patient care
- T.7 Giving support and health education to patients
- T.8 Work with Peer Educators to ensure timely and accurate reporting of health data.
- T.9 Partnership for development
- T.10 Disease Surveillance and response
- T.11 Undertake data quality checks
- T.12 Cover other clinical areas as deemed necessary
- T.13 Collaborate with staffs from other agencies and MOH
- T.14 Perform other related duties that may be assigned by the management from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: (The knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education and prior experience or on-the-job-training).
Level of Education
- Be a holder of a diploma in Clinical Medicine from a recognized Medical Training College
- Be registered with the Clinical Officers Council
Specialized Training / Professional Qualifications
- Experience in working in a HIV set up and with key population is an added advantage
Competencies / Abilities / Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work and relate well with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to build trust among partners and colleagues.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Should be able to work with minimum supervision
- Should one with a spirit of team work
- Should be flexible to work in challenging conditions.
- At least two (2) years in a similar position.
NEPHAK Working Conditions
The positions involve frequent travel by the jobholder to visit member organizations and project sites and the travel may at times involve exposure to adverse weather conditions and difficult circumstances.
There may be periods that require the jobholder to work odd hours when necessary to meet deadlines or respond to specific situations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send an Application Letter and CV to
NEPHAK National Secretariat,
3rd Floor, Wood Avenue Court, Wood Avenue,
off Lenana/Argwings Kodhek Roads.
P. O. Box 75654 00200
and/or email: email@example.com
(indicate clearly the position applied for in Subject line of the email)
by Friday 26th August 2016.
NEPHAK is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.