Aug 12, 2016
The National Empowerment Network of People living with HIV/AIDS in Kenya (NEPHAK) is a national network that unites people living with HIV (PLHIV) and those affected by TB and AIDS through community based organizations and non-governmental organizations including PLHIV networks.
NEPHAK works in partnership with line government structures and like-minded civil society organizations to improve community health in Kenya.
NEPHAK is currently looking for qualified professionals to join its team for the implementation of the Global Fund to fight AIDS, TB and Malaria (GFATM) HIV - Project with the Kenya Red Cross Society as the Principle Recipient in partnership with the Ministry of Health in Kakamega County.
A qualified and experienced professional is being looked for to join NEPHAK team in the following position:
Responsible for planning, organizing and performing the overall operations of Nursing / Patient Care Services, assessing patients and clients and establishing health care needs; planning and implementing nursing care interventions based on patients'/clients' health needs.
Ensures compliance with patient care quality standards as it relates to the care provided to all and especially to key population at the DICE.
- Assessing, planning, implementing nursing interventions and evaluating patient's outcomes
- Providing appropriate healthcare service
- Providing health education and counselling to patients/clients and community on identified health needs;
- Referring patients and clients appropriately;
- Maintaining records on patients/clients health condition and care;
- Ensuring a tidy and safe clinical environment; and
- Collecting and compiling data
- Perform other related duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: (The knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education and prior experience or on-the-job-training).
Level of Education
- Diploma in any of the following disciplines: Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing, Kenya Registered Nursing, Kenya Registered Nursing/Midwifery or Kenya Registered Nursing/Mental Health and Psychiatry from a recognized institution
Specialized Training / Professional Qualifications
- Registration Certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya;
- Valid practising license from Nursing Council of Kenya;
Competencies / Abilities / Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work and relate well with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to build trust among partners and colleagues.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- At least two (2) years in a similar position.
NEPHAK Working Conditions
The positions involve frequent travel by the jobholder to visit member organizations and project sites and the travel may at times involve exposure to adverse weather conditions and difficult circumstances.
There may be periods that require the jobholder to work odd hours when necessary to meet deadlines or respond to specific situations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send an Application Letter and CV to
NEPHAK National Secretariat,
3rd Floor, Wood Avenue Court, Wood Avenue,
off Lenana/Argwings Kodhek Roads.
P. O. Box 75654 00200
and/or email: email@example.com
(indicate clearly the position applied for in Subject line of the email)
by Friday 26th August 2016.
NEPHAK is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.