Aug 11, 2016
Job Title: Human Resource Officer – NGO
Salary: 60K - 70 K
Our client is a Humanitarian Organization looking to hire a Human Resource officer to design and implement policies as well as provide advice relating to the effective management of personnel within the organization.
- working closely with various departments, increasingly in a consultancy role, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures;
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism, employee turnover and low morale among the workforce.
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Provide advice and support to supervisors and staff selection committee.
- Actively take part in the staffing function right from Recruitment, selection and placement to termination.
- Training and development of all staff, new and current as well as outgoing.(Exit staff)
- Negotiating salaries, contracts, working conditions or redundancy packages with staff and representatives
- Advising line managers and other employees on employment law and the employer's own employment policies and procedures
- Monitor staff performance through conducting performance appraisals and giving feedback.
- Provide information and assistance to staff, supervisors and advise on human resource and work related issues
- Conduct Training Needs Analysis and process employee requests for external training while complying with set policies and procedures
- Monitor scheduled absences such as leave or travel and coordinate actions to ensure the staff absence has been adequately covered off to ensure continuity of Services.
- Develop and implement a human resources plan and personnel management policies and procedures
- Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organization
Qualifications and Skills Desired
- Must have a degree or a Higher diploma in Human Resource Management
- Some experience in Project Management is desired
- Above 28 years old
- Must have excellent computer skills including the ability to operate spread sheets and word processing programs at a highly efficient level.
- Effective spoken and written communication skills including the ability to prepare reports, proposals, policies and procedures
- Good interpersonal skills, and analytical skills
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Human Resource Officer – NGO) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 17th August 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.