Aug 24, 2016
Organization: Kenya NGO Alliance Against Malaria (KeNAAM) is a Network of Non - Governmental Organization (NGO), Faith Based Organizations (FBO), Community Based Organization working on advocacy, community social mobilization for scaling up of malaria interventions in Kenya.
KeNAAM endeavors to pool resources together through its elaborate networks towards preventing, controlling and reducing socio-economic burden due to malaria.
KeNAAM’s vision is “a malaria free Kenya”
Position Title: Project Officer – Nyamira County
Supervised By: Head of Programs
Location: Nyamira County
Duration: 1 Year Renewable
Job Summary: The project officer will be responsible for planning and timely implementation project activities and provide guidance to implementing partners.
- Participate in implementation of project plan in consultation with implementing partners.
- Provide technical support on project implementation approaches.
- Assist in appropriately organizing activities.
- Participate in development of project quality monitoring system and follow up the implementation of the system.
- Organize and carry out project review meeting as planned.
- Document best practice stories and lessons learnt from the implementation of the project activities.
- Conduct assessments of various natures to the project.
- Identify management issues arising during the implementation of project activities, document and disseminate to the Head of Programs to ensure timely action is taken.
- Prepare project monitoring, project technical and progress reports.
- Perform other duties as instructed by the Head of Programs.
Level of Education / Academic Qualification
- Diploma in community development, project management or related education.
Competencies / Abilities / Skills Required
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong project management experience.
- Strong written communication skills and the ability to work independently and as part of team.
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills required.
- Strong proficiency in written and oral communication in English is required.
- Above average report writing skills.
Relevant Work Experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in development, project management or programs.
- Work experience within Nyamira County will be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email their resume, a cover letter stating current position (if applicable), date available to start working, letters of recommendation preferably from a previous employer and a copy of the latest pay slip (if applicable) to: email@example.com.
Closing date: 31st Aug 2016 at 5:00 pm.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to disqualification.