Aug 31, 2016
Operations Programme Manager
About the role
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Setting up a working programme to address all matters relating to fraud and revenues. This includes policy making, system and process definition, presenting proposals to senior management, training and rolling out of initiatives aimed at preventing, catching and addressing fraud
- Working closely with other departments such as Customer Experience, People Operations, Finance, Retail, Legal, Customer Care and Technology to operationalize initiatives aimed at strengthening operations
- Facilitating and coordinating fraud investigations and following the process through to conclusions acceptable by the business
- Developing the Revenue Assurance and Instructional Oversight teams’ monthly and quarterly strategic work plans to guide the teams in delivery of their mandates
- Ensuring all revenues are accounted for in a transparent, efficient, and fraud-proof manner
- Ensuring that reliable billing processes are in place and resolving any billing issues that may arise
- Monitoring payment rates and trends while looking out for any anticipated adverse trends in collections
- Managing and coordinating Programme Associates and Officers to ensure that the Operations department as whole is in line with its overall mandate
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Masters preferred
- Minimum 5 years post-qualification experience in financial audit, project monitoring and evaluation, financial reporting, assurance and risk advisory services
- Prior experience in auditing, monitoring and evaluating projects at program level is desirable
- Ideal candidates should have experience managing projects, identifying business challenges through data and observation, creating solutions for these issues, and overseeing an operational programme.
- They should be proficient analyzing and managing large amounts of data and comfortable working closely with different departments and teams.
- Experience bringing ideas and programmes to scale, working at similar ambitious start-up companies, or building and managing teams across countries is an added plus.
- Focus on a strategic programme management with prowess in program designs, programe implementation and operations (budgeting, costs, project finance)