Aug 16, 2016
PKF Eastern Africa seeks to recruit an experienced and highly motivated individual to fill the position of a Marketing Officer.
The overall objective of the position is to ensure the effective execution sustainability of PKF’s target corporate image and Brand positioning through effective internal integration, targeted initiatives presentation, communication and service delivery.
The position reports to the Marketing and Public Relations Partner with very close working relationship to the CEO, Managing Partners of the respective offices in East Africa and respective Partners in charge of various management functions.
The specific roles include but are not limited to:
Assist the Director in handling the following:
- To design, review and operationalize PKF strategic vision and mission through an effective and adaptable marketing strategy
- To ensure that all marketing activities are geared towards meeting strategic objectives
- Identify, consolidate and appropriately communicate to the different service lines, market trends and occurrences that may provide opportunity for new and continued business for PKF
- To solicit and compile feedback on client satisfaction levels with the objective of providing feedback on possible improvement in service packaging for future marketing
- Provide lead to Service Line Directors on new marketing approaches towards achieving better success rates
- Explore inter service line and inter country office leverage opportunities with the aim of identifying high impact collaborative initiatives
- To manage knowledge management in marketing for the different service lines and country offices
- To receive, evaluate and where necessary plan for any marketing initiatives raised by any member of staff
- To compile and disseminate periodical information incorporating PKF market performance reports on such parameters as sectoral clientele dominance, proposal success rates and sectoral scopes to explore.
- Develop and ensure the implementation of PKF Public Relations Strategy
- Carry out the development of press material through press releases, photo stories, interviews, etc. including obtaining technical information that will be used to develop the press material as well as obtaining approval of the final press content before it is sent to coverage
- Vet the content of any information that is to be released to the press or may attract the interest of the press
- Coverage of press material in the relevant and appropriate media (print or electronic)
- Briefing the spokesperson(s) to address media queries, write articles and undertake interviews
- Advice Service Line heads on the possible public relations implications in dealing with controversial clients.
Management of Company Newsletters and Website
- Development of content for all newsletters, liaising with the editorial team which will approve the proposed and final content of the newsletter.
- Preparation of a critical path to ensure that deadlines of content development and production of the final newsletters are met, ensuring that deadlines are adhered to and advise the Partner of any delays that will affect the delivery of the final publication.
- Ensure that the e-newsletter is posted on the website and an e-bulletin sent out to advise the readers of the same in liaison with IT personnel to enable posting of the newsletter on website.
- Ensure that the distribution lists are always updated, the contents are edited and updated before being posted on the website, newsletters and e-shots are placed on the web and are easy to access/download; and all links within the website are functional
- Monitor the impact of all the PKF newsletters, circulations and any forms of communications through ensuring response monitoring, evaluation and compilation
- Liaise with IT personnel in attaining the above goals.
Internal and Target Client Relationship Management
- Continuously identify opportunities for client relationship and market enhancement through collaboration with service line staff
- Carry out staff capacity building on relationship management, conflict prevention and resolution
- Monitor specific staff experience with clients to effectively enrich the knowledge management process
- Organize and implement client relationship and marketing initiatives e.g. events such as Gold Club Lunches or information geared towards meeting and networking with prospective clients
- Co-ordinate actual networking and updating and maintaining list of prospective/target clients
- Organize and implement opportunities for communication and interaction with the staff across the region through various channels e.g. events, publications etc.
- Develop system of obtaining all information pertinent to the project in hand as soon as such information comes available and take steps to ensure that all facts about the firm or services are accurate and in no way misleading.
Branding and Brand Management
- Work closely with service line managers is enhancing the service delivery branding for PKF
- Continually monitor the positioning of the PKF service delivery branding through evaluating general, prospect client success rate, client retention rates and performance against the existing competition
- Facilitating market intelligence to inform the service lines of any opportunities for change in strategy
- Ensure that the firm’s corporate visual identity is consistently and correctly portrayed and displayed in all printed and electronic material used externally and internally
- Design a programme for the result oriented distribution of appropriate local and international branded giveaways, including appropriate international brochures and publications to the market place and staff
- Gathering and following up on all marketing leads and develop a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, face to face cold calling on business owners, direct mail, email and networking.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers in person, and via telephone calls and emails.
- Arranging meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business for the firm.
- Working in liaison with the PR Agency, execute marketing and communications initiatives like campaign and event management; implement promotional activities to different target audiences, including but not limited to exhibitions, conferences, workshops, media events, etc.
- Taking responsibility for ensuring all training rooms/venues, equipment, catering arrangements, and other requirements are booked up or cancelled in advance and ensuring all relevant parties are notified.
- Sending out appropriate pre-course information to delegates/managers in advance of training courses.
- Requesting and compiling all delegates’ objectives in advance of training courses and sending out course evaluation (feedback) questionnaires following training courses and compiling/communicating feedback to the Training Consultant.
- Printing of training support materials/handouts for training courses and assisting with the creation or formatting of these where relevant and ensuring safe custody of the training materials up to date.
- Assisting in training course set up/clear up before and/or after a training event and providing general administration assistance and support for the Training Consultant.
- Plan for meetings when necessary as well as prepare proposals, costs and media materials in a timely manner.
- Prepare and submit regular reports of the status of all activities, planned and unplanned through meetings and control reports.
Any other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Marketing and Public Relations Director in relation to Public Relations, Communications and Marketing of the firm.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in a business related field, Master’s degree added advantage
- Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing an added advantage
- Membership of MSK an added advantage
- At least 3 years' relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience gained in product development, consumer insights, communication and marketing agencies management
- Leadership and analytical skills
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation skills and influencing skills
- Attention to detail
- High levels of integrity and ethics
- Creativity and innovation
- Analytical and strategic thinker
- Drive for results and achievement
- Commitment to organization’s vision and values
How to Apply
If you fit the above profile and are interested in this challenging opportunity, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail and telephone contacts quoting the job title in the field of interest directly to email@example.com by 23rd August, 2016.