Aug 14, 2016
Our client is seeking to recruit qualified, self-driven, innovative, energetic and go getter professionals to be part of its great team.
The positions up for grabs include:
Production Manager (Maize Flour, Animal Feeds and Water)
Number of positions: 1
Job Role: This position will oversee the production aspects of Maize Flour, Animal Feeds and Water Production.
This position requires a quality focused, results oriented person who is able to translate market requirements to actual products.
It requires a person with a good record in a food processing and production plant and over 4 years’ experience, 2 of them as a production supervisor.
- Ensure quality and quantity aspects are met at the strictest levels;
- Liaise with marketing team to ensure customer requirements are met on time;
- Supervise the production team to ensure seamless operations;
- Ensure synergy between procurement, production, distribution and sales departments;
- Overseeing the production process and drawing up a production schedules;
- Ensuring that all production activities are efficient and cost effective;
- Making sure that products are produced on time and are of good quality;
- Working out the human and material resources needed at given production periods;
- Drafting a timescale/ schedule for materials requirements planning;
- Estimating costs and setting the quality standards;
- Monitoring the production processes and adjusting schedules as needed;
- Monitoring product standards and implementing quality-control programmes;
- Liaising with different stakeholders like suppliers, marketers, mill workers, packers etc. to ensure seamless operations
- Continually improve safety record by addressing both physical safety issues and employee safety attitudes.
- Supervising and motivating a team of workers;
- Reviewing worker performance and setting production targets;
- Maintaining and improve housekeeping in all sections of the mill.
- Must be a holder of at least a diploma in food production or related qualification;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a human or animal food production facility;
- Experience managing a diverse production team;
- Must be a honest an trust worthy person with high levels of integrity;
- Must be aged above 25 years and able to handle work pressure;
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Have Proficiency in basic computer software applications;
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
If you meet the said requirements please send your application in confidence by email attaching your detailed latest CV to: (DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES)
NB: Clearly state the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email and indicate your current and expected salary. Closing date for applications is Friday, 2nd September 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview