Aug 2, 2016
Vacancy: Chief Financial Officer
Job Ref: CH/CFO/2
Our client is a real estate agent involved in property development, valuation and management.
They are looking to recruit a Chief Financial Officer to manage their Finance matters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Head all finance operations, managing the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing / billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, perpetual inventory integrity, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting as well as project accounting.
- Coordinate the monthly reporting and consolidation cycle, delivering high quality reports to the Managing Director by the 10th of every month.
- Creating improvements in both the timeliness and quality of reporting.
- Work with the Managing Director to support strategic decisions, growth initiatives and valuable financial insight and analysis for projects and investment activity.
- Ensure financial plans are consistent with organisational goals
- Maintain relationships with group and local auditors and advisors to ensure financial controls are adhering to local statutory requirements and are structured in the most efficient manner.
- Build and maintain relationships with external parties that support the business e.g. banks, suppliers etc.
- Create and maintain a local centre of excellence for the company which will allow consistency and efficiency in the finance function while upgrading the output for management.
Essential Competencies, skills and qualifications
- Must have worked effectively in an organisation of considerable size and scope, with a minimum of 10 years at senior management level. Experience working in real estate or similar industry would be an added advantage.
- Qualified CPA(K), ACA/ACCA or a finance related degree.
- Experience developing and managing operating budgets, cash flows and capital expenditure.
- Must have superior communication and presentation skills allowing a bridge between finance and operations locally as well as providing valuable insight to the management team and the Board.
- Proven leadership experience in managing and building a high performance team culture.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across an organisation; strong interpersonal and judgment skills will be required to influence internal and external constituents.
- Superior IT skills in MS Office and Quickbooks
- International experience a distinct advantage.
Remuneration: An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, send your CV in word format with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted
By Appointment Africa,
P. O. Box 1605-00502, Nairobi, Kenya, East Africa
Tel: +254 (0) 728 782 776 / +254 (0) 704 757 252