Aug 23, 2016
Sheer Logic is seeking to engage dynamic individual for the Sea Freight Imports Local Manager position to be based in Mombasa.
Salary: KShs 400K
Key Result Areas
1. Provide leadership and strategy for enhancement of efficient service provision to the sea freight Imports and Sea freight Exports clients.
- Organise the efficient delivery of services to our customers.
- Control the formalisation and documentation of processes.
2. Management of the operations teams.
- Inform N-1 of the business strategy/ goals.
- Monitor and manage business and team performance.
3. Supervise the adherence to set operational protocol.
- Develop, maintain and supervise core business competencies.
- Prepare business reports as per group/ N+1 guidance/requirements.
4. Manage the business relationship with customers and stakeholders
- Lead the client relationship management.
- Develop relationship with all major carriers.
- Forge business relationships customs authority.
- Forge business relationships with the statutory organisations.
5. Support the development of sea freight imports business portfolio in Kenya.
- Seek out new business opportunities whilst identifying opportunities for growth within existing clients and support the development of corresponding strategic marketing plans.
6. Support the preparation of budgets, monitor and report key performance parameters
- Planning and preparation of budgets.
- Monitor and report operational and financial performance to N+1.
- A degree or equivalent relevant qualification;
- Previous relevant experience within Freight Management;
- Numeric skills;
- Customer care skills and ability to negotiate;
- Ability to help organise workflow, build relevant skills and provide employee feedback;
- Must be familiar with computer programs e.g. Microsoft Office, Excel, etc; and
- Good communication skills.
- Business software reports (SPOT, LINK, IRIS…);
- Financial report : Detail of the costs, income … (weekly, monthly);
- Standard Operating Procedures (QPULSE); and
- HR support tools and documents.
How to Apply
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 26th August 2016 to the Sheer Logic Management Consultants E- Mail: email@example.com clearly marking – The position on the subject line
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate in the subject line as “Seafreight Imports Local Manager”- Failure to do so will lead to automatic disqualification