Aug 16, 2016
Secours Islamique France (SIF)
Position Title: Project Technical Manager
Location: Nairobi Kenya
Duration of contract: 4 Months with strong possibility of extension
Expected starting date: 1 September, 2016
Organization Profile: Secours Islamique France (SIF) is an International Non-Governmental Organization that is based in France.
Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization dedicated to alleviate the suffering of the poorest people.
SIF acts wherever humanitarian and social needs require mobilization of emergency relief and/or implementation of development programs.
Today, SIF intervenes in around 20 countries and has been providing assistance to the most vulnerable for 20 years without discrimination as to culture, ethnicity, religion or sex.
Job Description: SIF is currently awaiting Headquarter approval to implement a multi-faceted pilot project in the slums of Nairobi that will involve youth and community empowerment on activities associated with the education / prevention of Gender based Violence, education and prevention of HIV/AIDS, reduction in drug / alcohol abuse and peace and reconciliation efforts.
Under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, the SIF Project Technical Manager will be in charge of this pilot project and also the development of other project proposals, Monitoring/Evaluation & Learning (MEAL), and reporting on activities and progress.
S/he will also be required to work closely and cooperatively with other SIF units including Finance and Logistics to ensure the success of projects while maintaining full compliance with established policies and procedures.
Project Development and Management
Duties will include:
- Taking the lead in undertaking initial feasibility studies/research for new project proposals in liaison with the Field Coordinator.
- Directly engaging with stakeholders and beneficiaries on upcoming projects.
- Drafting initial Concept Papers and Project Proposals in English.
- Assisting in efforts to secure co-funding and institutional funding for SIF/Kenya operations.
- Performing other tasks as assigned including development of Log Frames, Work Plans, Project Evaluations etc.
- Assuming direct responsibility for project reporting and ongoing monitoring and evaluation of project progress. Note: Developing and use of MEAL tools will be a key component of the job.
- Providing oversight and leadership in managing assigned projects and ensuring the Field Coordinator is fully informed of all field activities.
- Preparing weekly Work Plans for direct reports to follow and recommending/implementing changes based on operational requirements.
- Attending institutional donor/cluster meetings, coordination meetings and government sponsored meetings.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the Field Coordinator and/or the Head of Mission.
- Comply with all SIF Security Regulations and consult immediately with the Field Coordinator and/or the Head of Mission on matters to do with staff security and safety.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Communication, Advocacy, Education, International Humanitarian Affairs or other related humanitarian field is required
- At least 2 years previous experience with an INGO in at least two of the following thematic areas of humanitarian intervention: Food Security/Livelihoods, Orphans & Vulnerable Children (OVC), Child Protection, Youth/Community Empowerment Programming, monitoring and evaluation, is required.
- Certified courses and/or other specialized training such as the Project Planning Cycle, the Principles of Management, Monitoring/Evaluation Techniques would be considered a definite asset.
- Self-driven, motivated and results oriented with proven leadership skills.
- Analytical, accurate and able to multi-task.
- Passionate about the humanitarian context and serving the poorest of the poor.
- Ability to produce quality work and decisions under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Power point, spread sheets etc.
- Demonstrated competence in clear written and spoken English.
- Acceptance of diverse cultures and religions
How to Apply
Please submit your application (CV, 3 references) to the attention of:
not later than August 26, 2016.
Please identify “Project Technical Manager” in the subject line.
SIF is an equal opportunity employer and only short listed candidates will be contacted.