Aug 11, 2016
At Siginon Group, our determination to achieve our vision of being Africa’s world class logistics company is the driver of everything we do.
We are proactively designing systems and processes that ensure operations excellence and peace of mind for our customers.
Block by block, we are building a team of Qualified, Motivated, Competent and Energized individuals with a Winning culture to drive this vision.
It’s with this in mind that we announce the following vacancy based at Siginon Aviation, JKIA - Nairobi.
Job Purpose: Reporting to Assistant Accountant, the job holder will be responsible for recording and processing expenditures, receipts, issuing of ETR to customers and other financial transactions.
- Receipting all money received from customers. Verifying correctness of cash and cheques received (amount in words should be the same as amount in figures, should be of current date) before receipting.
- Verifying accuracy of the invoice (correct chargeable weight used; correct number of storage days applied) before receiving money from customers.
- Banking all money received on a daily basis and maintaining a maximum allowable limit in cash box by end of the day.
- Giving correct change to the customers and maintaining various denominations in the cash box.
- Ensuring that all Siginon Cargo Centre customers’ cheques are closed by Fridays of every week.
- Keying in cargo spot receipts into SAP the same day the receipt is issued and posting the same to correct bank account.
- Allocating debtors’ receipts to correct invoices and obtaining remittance before receipting.
- Filing remittances, receipts, invoices and deposit slips and attaching deposit slips to the remittances.
- Balancing of petty cash general ledger and reimbursement of petty cash.
- Balancing cash box on a daily basis and inform accounts assistant of any shortage or overage noted.
- Raising of cheques to suppliers and obtaining copies of supplier’ ID before releasing payments to them.
- Releasing of cargo from cargo spot once payment is received from SCC customers.
- Making cash payments to staff while ensuring that staff are paid exact amount as per the voucher.
- Issuing ETR to customers against all receipts and approved invoices the same day.
- Raising Head Office vouchers and informing suppliers when their cheques are ready for collection
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as may be bestowed upon by the management from time to time.
Education, Professional Qualifications & Work Experience
- Diploma in Finance or accounting field.
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in an accounting field.
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures.
- CPA section 3.
- Minimum KCSE C-
Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge of computerized accounting and auditing record keeping systems.
- Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting softwares.
- Excellent Planning & Organizing/Work Management Skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical skills.
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application and detailed CV(with details of at least 3 referees and MUST indicate your current salary on your application) to reach us on or before Friday 24th August 2016 by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org