Aug 17, 2016
Job Profile: Responsible for performing various cash, disbursement, and cash accounting activities within the Corporate Treasury function.
The role is primarily focused on the General Ledger duties of a treasury department and includes, but is not limited to performing accounting functions within the various financial systems, bank reconciliations, audit inquiries, and backup of other core treasury functions, e.g. cash position and electronic payments, as assigned.
This individual may be required to provide input to or participate in various projects and will perform other duties as requested
- Check and verify cash transactions; and also investigate and propose possible resolution for any discrepancies
- Responsible for interest and debt analysis, with provision of relevant information and report
- Take care of the cash management system of the company and their payment mechanism
- Responsible for following up on financial proceedings and ensuring tasks are completed on schedule.
- Maintain and manage all financial records, logs, spreadsheets, and registers
- Ensure the company’s banking operations; seeing to it that all funds are appropriately banked ensuring efficiency and returns
- Ensure conformity of company’ bank account with IFR Standards. Reconciling of bank statements against the GL, and clearing accounts assigned
- Provide inputs and advice to company. This could include recommending changes that will maximize revenue and profit
- Ensure activities posted to both cash and clearing GL accounts are reviewed and reconciled in a timely manner
- Perform bank reconciliations - reconciliation of the bank statement against the GL and reconciliation of any assigned clearing accounts
- Respond to audit inquiries in a timely manner; as required, make calls to the bank directly to clarify adjustments or to clarify items on the bank statements in order to reconcile activity or properly code it; liaise with auditors to confirm bank balances as of a certain date
More specifically, the treasury accountant will be:
- Receipting of cash
- Posting all the cash receipts
- Posting all the cheques and Mpesa deposits
- Making specific payments
- Confirming M-pesa deposits and reconciling M-pesa account on weekly basis
- Preparing daily cash reconciliation report
- Maintaining Mpesa and cheque register.
- Following up banking of all the cheques and ensuring safe custody of the PD cheques.
- Safe custody of cash received and following up banking.
- Bachelor’s degree with a bias in accounting
- At least 3 years’ hands on experience in a manufacturing company
- Aged between 24-28 years
How to Apply
If you meet the above specifications, please forward your application to email@example.com, quoting your current and expected salary by COB, Wednesday 17/08/2016.
Those who do not meet the above specifications need not apply.