Sep 24, 2016
Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) is an international NGO focussed on Child Rights.
To support the development of its Child Protection programme in Garissa County, Tdh is encouraging applications from Kenyan nationals for the role of:
Best Interest Determination Officer
Reporting to: BID Senior Officer
Duty station: Dadaab, Garissa County
Contract duration: 3 Months
- To be responsible,under the supervision of BID senior officer,for the correct management of BIA/BID documentation for children in Kambioos and Hagadera camp
- Coordinate with the CP Team leaders and Counselling Officer to ensure programme integration, case referral, implementation of BID recommendations and coordination at camp level
- Produce timely progress reports, including both quantitative and qualitative information, on BIA/BID activities and input into regular situation reports, monthly reports and quarterly reports.
- Identify and build links with other partners, ensuring that issues for child protection are raised and addressed
- Coordinate the identification, follow up of children in alternative care children and , monitoring of foster parents/Guardianship
- Ensure the placement of children in alternative care adhere to Tdh procedure and with the Kenya alternative care guidelines(Guidelines for Alternative Care of Children in Kenya 2011).
- Supervision of social workers reporting to this post.
- Graduate degree in social work / social sciences
- Minimum of 3 years work supporting children (social work, child protection, psychosocial, education, etc.).
- Experience working in a refugee context and knowledge of BID is a plus.
- Team management experience (10-20 subordinates).
- Project reporting and evaluation experience.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili. Ability to communicate in Somali is a plus.
- Willingness to work in insecure environment.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a covering letter, CV, references, and copies of academic and professional certificates.
Applications should be addressed to the Child Protection Program Manager and emailed to email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed on rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Tdh’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protect children’s rights, which includes the prevention of all forms of child abuse.
Tdh is an equal opportunity employer.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.