Sep 2, 2016
Reports To: Chief Accountant
Job Role: To provide support to the Management through production of sound and timely financial information.
- Produce and analyze monthly management accounts, i.e profit and loss accounts and the balance sheet with budget comparisons and supporting/explanatory notes.
- Ensure regular production and circulation to management of aged debtors and creditor’s reports, check to ensure that statements to debtors are sent regularly and that creditors reconciliations and resolutions are executed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that bank, cash and sub-ledger reconciliations are done within the agreed timelines and any outstanding issues resolved appropriately.
- Liaise with the Chief Accountant to ensure adherence to contract and other obligations to suppliers and other creditors in order to avoid default
- Check and ensure that all statutory returns (PAYE, VAT, W/TAX, NHIF, NSSF, etc) are done and submitted within their various due dates.
- Maintain the fixed assets register ensuring its regular up-dating with acquisitions disposals, revaluations and write –offs and to carry out periodic reviews for the purposes of safeguarding the assets.
- Oversee the proper management of company inventories including loose tools by ensuring that existing stock controls and procedures over ordering, receiving and issuing are complied with. Further, you will ensure the proper conduct of monthly stocktaking and the relevant reconciliations and resolutions of any differences between physical and system balances.
- Provide requisite input for annual budget preparation
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce (Accounting / Finance option) from a recognized institution
- CPA K finalist
- 2 years of progressively responsible experience
- Uncompromising integrity and ethical standards.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work on their own with minimal supervision
- Firm demeanor that ensures He\She impliments very stringent controls and accountability culture throughout the team
- Previous work in a busy environment will be an added advantage
How to Apply
If qualified send CV only quoting the job title on the subject line (ACCOUNTANT) to email@example.com stating the current Salary and expected salary.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.