Sep 18, 2016
Industry: Marketing & Advertising
Kazini Africa Trust is recruiting an Accountant for one of our clients.
Our client is seeking a self-driven, target oriented, energetic, ambitious, self-motivated individual; keen on a career enhancing opportunity to fill the position.
- Ensure that proper books of accounts are kept in accordance with the International Financial Reporting Standards and the Kenyan law.
- Preparation of respective monthly financial reports (Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss and Cash flow statements) for management decision-making.
- Prepare, review and ensure authorization of company expenditure in line with the annual budgets.
- Develop, maintain, and review company’s annual budgets.
- Prepare periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Oversee the end process of project budgeting.
- Weekly reconciliation based on the proof of execution (channel specific).
- Preparation and management of the audit process – audit schedules design and implementation of the proposed audit resolutions and system controls.
- Ensure computation of the necessary taxes, payment thereof and full compliance with the Kenyan legislation on taxation.
- Control the company’s operating expense through strict approval procedure for all amounts within prescribed limits.
- Monitor the company’s business performance and frequently report to management for decision making process.
- Evaluate business operations to ascertain accounting needs and recommend solutions to business and any arising financial problems.
- 5 years progressive work experience in an Accounting.
- 2 years in the finance department leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Finance / or related field.
- CPA (K)
- High degree of proficiency in accounting software applications and advanced excel skills.
- Expert in IFRS and Taxation issues.
- Strong consolidation knowledge and experience.
- Excellent communications skills at all levels.
How to Apply
If you are motivated and energetic, possessing the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV quoting the job title on the email subject to email@example.com before 19th September, 2016.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.