Sep 7, 2016
Our client, a leader in secondary power distribution solutions specialising in high-performance medium voltage switchgear for utility, industrial and commercial applications and enable the safe and reliable distribution of energy to homes and businesses worldwide is looking to fill the position of a Business Development and Marketing Manager – Africa for their offices based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The successful candidate will be responsible for building and installing base market position by locating, developing, defining and where appropriate negotiating, and closing business relationships and MUST have a background within Switchgear or Electrical distribution.
- Formulate / Follow dedicated & focused Business Plans for new Market segments & develop & execute them.
- Responsible for the success for performance and development of the new and potential customers.
- Propose & establish new partnering, licensing and Joint venture agreements for company’s Products.
- Prepares action plans by individuals & by team for effective search of sales leads and prospects.
- Provide insight for the improvement of company’s sales & activity performance via sales intelligence.
- Support nominated countries in developing & deploying marketing strategies to achieve S & M plans.
- Actively contribute as the African point of contact to the development plans for new products.
- Support the global marketing function by implementing global marcomms strategy, locally.
- Build the regional / country Marcomm plans in line with strategy and objective.
- Assists in the development & implementation of solution and proposal marketing plans as needed.
- Maintains accurate records of all pricings, competitor profiles & activity reports of new customers.
- Must have Electrical engineering degree, Master Degree a plus.
- Must have 5 years of extensive and proven electrical services sales and marketing experience.
- Experience of distribution products, systems & solutions to utilities and large industrial end users.
- A background within Switchgear or Electrical distribution is desirable.
- Must be able to travel throughout Africa and globally as and when required.
- Computer literate with excellent command of MS Office.
- Must have high level of English.
- Ability to demonstrate competent negotiation skills and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in Arabic language is a strong plus.
Monthly gross salary: Ksh. 700,000 – 1,000,000/= (Approx. 7,000 -10,000 USD)
Deadline: 10th October 2016
To apply, please follow the link:
Summit Recruitment & Search,
Blixen Court, Karen Road,
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.