Sep 15, 2016
Duma works is recruiting an Chef for one of our clients.
The hiring company is among the leading restaurants in Kenya.
Reports to: Operations Manager
Responsible for: Branch Cooks
Duties and Responsibilities:
The executive chef will train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities;
- Plan and price menus
- Select and develop recipes
- Standardise production recipes to ensure consistent quality
- Establish presentation technique and quality standards
- Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance
- Ensure food safety from purchasing, storing, prepping and cooking by enhancing laid down food safety policies.
- Oversee special catering events and may also offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrate culinary techniques
- The executive chef directly supervises kitchen personnel with responsibility for hiring, discipline and performance reviews.
The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services is essential to success in this role.
- Previous experience with food cost control, demonstration cooking, menu development, and pricing and development of culinary team preferred.
- Premise and liability accountability and contract-managed service experience is desirable.
- Five or more years of experience in a similar position and culinary management experience.
- Experience working with fast foods.
- The ideal candidates will possess culinary diploma/degree
- Creativity, Leadership, Management, Planning
How to Apply
A Cover Letter and a detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2383”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2383 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 18th September 2016
N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.