Sep 21, 2016
Vacancy: Chief Executive Officer
The Association of Micro Finance Institutions of Kenya is a member based institution established in 1999 under the Societies Act.
Its membership includes micro finance banks, credit only micro finance institutions, among others.
Mission: To promote an enabling environment for MFIs in Kenya through advocacy and lobbying. capacity building, networking and linkages.
- Secretary to the board
- Head of the institution who is the driver of the organization mission and vision.
- Fund raising
- Networking with partners
- Support of the members development agenda.
- Liaise with government ministries. Central Bank of Kenya and development partners on issues related to the sector.
- Lobbying and advocacy for the industry
- Preparation of association budgets and work plans
- Custodian of all institutions assets and other resources
- Ensuring that the Association constitution and code of conduct is followed in the operations of the Association
- To manage the Association resources and funds are utilized effectively strategically and transparently.
- Organize training and other capacity building activities for members.
- Membership recruitment
Essential Qualification and Experience
- Holders of Masters degree in leadership, economics, micro finance, entrepreneurship or other related fields.
- Post graduate training in micro finance at certificate or diploma level from a recognized institution (will be an added advantage)
- Over 10 years’ experience in micro finance or banking, four years which should be at senior management level in the microfinance industry.
- A strong and proven understanding of the micro finance industry in Kenya.
- Proven ability to fund raise and mobilize resources.
- Experienced in training.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their applications to the undersigned attaching certified certificates and names and contacts of three referees, one who should be a former employer on or before October 12, 2016.
NB: Only qualified candidates will be notified
Association of Micro Finance Institutions
P. O. Box 10701, 00100,
Email address: email@example.com