Sep 23, 2016
Our client, Commercial Bank of Africa is a financial services provider licensed by the Central Bank of Kenya to offer financial service solutions and advice through innovative and reliable strategies.
The bank is seeking to recruit a highly ambitious candidate to fill in the following job position in their Nairobi office:
Reporting to the Senior Research Economist in the Treasury Department, the job holder will provide analytical support to the Bank to inform timely decision making.
The occupant of this role will work closely with various internal parties to provide up to date, industry leading research on economic developments including country-specific economic developments, monetary, fiscal, exchange rate policies among other issues.
The role will entail conducting regional macro-economic research with specific recommendations to the Bank’s Treasury, Assets and Liability Committee, CBA Capital, Finance department and CBA clients.
These functions will include
Key Responsibilities & Percentage Time Spent
- Macroeconomic analysis (40%)
- Fixed Income and Equities research (30%)
- Relationship Management (20%)
- Report writing (10%)
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Experience in using statistical models to simulate and predict future trends and financial/capital market behavior patterns.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- An inter-disciplinary approach to problem solving.
- Understanding in treasury operations, international economics and trade finance.
- Good presentation and communication skills-verbal and written.
- Good interpersonal and Public Relations skills.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- University Degree preferably in Economics– Upper 2nd Class Honors or equivalent.
- Proven experience in financial modelling (Econometrics will be an added advantage)
- Proven experience in report writing
- Strong quantitative, qualitative, and organizational skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com with the subject RESEARCH ECONOMIST by 27th September 2016 12:00noon stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.