Sep 8, 2016
The Council of Governors (CoG) is established under Section 19 of the Intergovernmental Relations Act 2012 with the mandate to provide a mechanism for consultation amongst County Governments, share information on performance of the counties in execution of their functions, facilitate capacity building for governors, and consider reports from other intergovernmental forums on national and county interests amongst other functions (Section 20).
To enable the Council achieve its mandate and vision, the Council wishes to recruit results oriented individual with drive, vision and creativity to fill the following position:
Photographer / Videographer
Key duties and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Communication, the Photographer will be responsible for:
- Taking photos as scheduled by the management.
- Taking videos and photos during events.
- Editing photos and submitting them in time.
- Documentation of Council of Governors activities with both video and still camera.
- Inviting media reporters and camera crew during Council’s activities.
- Documenting both print and electronic Field activities which have been covered by the media stations.
- Creating visual content for all digital and social media platforms.
- To pitch pictures to online and offline media.
- To edit, curate and share a regular flow of images.
- To maintain and protect COG camera and editing equipment.
- Upload all Council of Governors photos on the Council of Governors website in collaboration with ICT.
Required Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate shall possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Photography or related field from a recognized institution;
- A passion for the internet and all things digital
- Candidates must have a minimum of two years’ experience of studio and field photography
- Good contacts with Picture Editors and proven experience of pictures used by high circulation and influential offline and online media outlets
- Portfolio of creative and striking work across broad range of subjects and areas.
- Ability to take a brief and deliver desired results.
- Experience of all major editing software packages and photo sharing social media platforms.
- Experience of basic video making and editing.
- Exceptional creativity and innovation
- Meets the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to research, digest, analyze and present material clearly and concisely.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work on her/his own initiative.
- Honesty and reliability and attention to detail.
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines.
- Discretion and an understanding of confidentiality
The contract duration is for three (3) years renewable annually subject to availability of resources and performance.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a CV, cover letter, copies of ID, certificates, testimonials, photographing work done in the past (2) years, current and expected remuneration, names and addresses of three referees to email@example.com on or before Friday, 16th September 2016 and indicate the name of the position you are applying for as the Email subject.