Sep 5, 2016
Our client is looking for a Data Scientist that will help them discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help them make smarter decisions to deliver even better financial products and services.
Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products and services to analyze structured and unstructured data, develop and apply new and existing models and algorithms.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending bank’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear visualized manner
- Support scoping, design and implementation of pilot projects and studies aimed to improve operational efficacy through innovative use of big data and advanced analytics.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and numerical algorithms
- Experience with common data science toolkits
- Great communication skills
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, Gplot, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Data-oriented personality
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline and 5+ year work experience.
- PhD will be a plus. Relevant disciplines include Computer Science, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics and other quantitative disciplines with strong computational elements.
2. Technical expertise and background
- Experience in various aspects of data science: a creative problem solver with a strong understanding of statistics and research design.
- Excellent working knowledge of either R or Python and knowledge of Java and C/C++ advantageous.
- Excellent working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL systems and related approaches to large scale computing using cloud based technologies.
- Working knowledge of web-based interactive visualization tools such as OBI and Tableau.
- Strong understanding of data analysis methods and strategies, experience with machine learning advantageous.
3. Knowledge, Learning and Communication
- Actively seeks knowledge needed to complete assignments and shares knowledge with others, communicating and presenting information in a clear and organized manner.
4. Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making
- Analyzes facts and data to support sound, logical decisions regarding own and others' work.
5. Written and Verbal Communication
- Delivers information effectively in support of team or workgroup.
- Good writing and editing skills, with a strong command of English and an ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, direct, and lively format.
6. Data Interpretation and Analysis
- Able to demonstrate functional proficiency level sufficient to apply this competency to all tasks, including those with significant challenges with both structure and unstructured data.
7. Teamwork and Inclusion
- Proven ability to collaborate with other team members across boundaries and contribute productively to the team's work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
- Able to use strong interpersonal and teamwork skills to cultivate effective, productive client relationships and partnerships across organizational boundaries.
8. Client Orientation
- Able to take personal responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs, working to remove obstacles that may impede execution or overall success.
9. Drive for Results
- Able to take personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results, and has the personal organization to do so.
How to Apply:
Send CV to: