Sep 14, 2016
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive Project staff members, consultants and other visitors on Project business.
- Maintain defensive driving and operate assigned vehicle in a safe and courteous manner;
- Assist passengers including handicapped in and out of the vehicle;
- Operate ramps, lifts and securement devices as required;
- Read and interpret maps and driving directions to plan the most efficient route service;
- Present safety briefing to passengers prior to each trip departure;
- Keep the assigned vehicle(s) clean inside and outside;
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date records on trip sheets, vehicle maintenance, incident reports, accident reports, vehicle condition reports and other records;
- Fuel assigned vehicle and perform minor maintenance tasks on assigned vehicle(s) as required;
- Coordinate the schedule for vehicle maintenance with staff to minimize service interruptions;
- Respond to accident or medical emergencies by notifying emergency, response providers, and carrying out First Aid pending arrival of emergency personnel;
- Chauffer experience. Experience driving in Nairobi and familiarity with rural terrain and roads preferred.
- Valid Kenya driver’s license. Ability to provide proof of good driving record.
- 4 years’ driving experience
- Ability to perform minor repairs of vehicle. Previous auto mechanic experience helpful.
- Demonstrated punctuality, attention to detail, patience, good humor, flexibility, and overall positive attitude.
- ‘O’ level certificate
- Extensive knowledge of the operations and features of assigned vehicle(s);
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Report writing skills and ability to read maps
- Computer literacy
If you meet the above qualifications, you are requested to send your application and CV to email@example.com by September 25th 2016.
Candidates are required to quote the TITLE of the position being applied on the subject line of the email.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.