Sep 27, 2016
FIDA Kenya seeks to recruit a suitable candidate to fill the following vacant position in the Women & Governance Team.
Programme Officer II (to be based in Nairobi Office)
- Analyzing existing policies for gender responsiveness and accountability
- Planning coordination and implementation of programme activities.
- Commissioning, coordinating, supervision, editing and managing the undertaking of researches and documentation under the programme
- Coordinate and implement programme activities
- Developing policy briefs and other information communication materials
- Internal and external reporting on problematic
- Development of proposals, concept notes and work plans for funding and cultivating a good relationship with all partners
- Representing the organization in international, regional, national, county and community platforms
- Manage FIDA Kenya networks related to the program
- Lobbying and advocating on different thematic issues on women’s rights
- Monitoring the progress of programmatic initiatives and provide intervention and technical support for the achievement of desired objectives.
- Resource mobilization
Qualifications and Attributes
The ideal candidate should at least posses the following qualifications and attributes:-
- Bachelor of Laws or any other Social Sciences degree
- Training in program management and planning will be an added advantage
- Should possess at least 3 years work experience in NGO sector with knowledge in women’s rights issues
- Must possess interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Results oriented, team player, willing to travel and work under pressure
How to Apply
Interested candidates who fully meet the above criteria should send their applications along with an updated Curriculum Vitae including 3 references, and their daytime contact, one of which must be a former employer.
Also indicate expected salary.
Kindly address to the undersigned to be received by Friday the 7th October, 2016 by 5.00pm
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
FIDA Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
The Executive Director
Amboseli Road, off Gitanga Road, Lavington.
P.O. Box 46324-00100