Sep 15, 2016
Industry: Health Care
Our Client, an international NGO whose core business is reproductive health and family planning to millions of the world’s poorest and vulnerable women is seeking to recruit a Medical Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall quality inputs into service delivery, including running full out-patient clinic/ obstetric unit and carrying out surgical procedures as laid down in the protocols.
- Providing locum cover in any of our centres as might be required.
- Ensure there is proper and effective use of medical equipment and supplies and for notifying the centre manager of needs for repair, maintenance or replacements etc.
- Continuous monitoring of the other team members involved in service delivery, with the mandate to enforce corrective measures within the centre.
- Conducting regular internal quality audit checks at the centre
- Timely recognition of potential medical complications and dealing with or refer them as appropriate.
- Timely and appropriately reporting on all major and minor complications
- Establishing clear and concise referral protocols and directories that are routinely updated.
- Providing timely feedback to the team on any gaps identified in the comprehensive treatment cycle. This includes, but not limited to ensuring that client clinical notes for all cadres are comprehensive and that remedial action is recommended and enforced.
- Develop clear framework for regular clinical updates for all health care staff cadres at the centres
- Preparing and participating fully in Continuous Medical Education (C.M.E.)
- Liaise with the QAM department in supporting regular quality updates at the centre
- Routinely seek personal professional development in clinical skills and updates to deliver high quality services
- Maintain high quality service delivery data and ensure prompt reporting is achieved in line with MOH and the organizations reporting framework
- Respond to data collection needs appropriately
- Proactively seek clients feedback in line with the organizations customer focused approach
- Day to day supervision of the clinical service team to ensure that team delivers high quality services
- Routine mentorship and on job training of peers and other health care cadre staff
- Participating in performance appraisal and feedback for other staff members within the team, in conjunction with the center manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery from a recognized university.
- Must have completed 1 year of internship in a busy hospital
- Must be registered with the Medical Practitioners and dentists board and possess a valid Private practice License
- Proven clinical skills and competencies
- I.T skills
- Report writing skills
- Leadership skill
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to email@example.com before 23rd September, 2016.
Clearly indicate the position applied for, and expected remuneration, on the subject line.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.