Sep 6, 2016
Our Client, an international NGO whose core business is reproductive health and family planning to millions of the world’s poorest and vulnerable women is seeking to recruit a Regional Coordinator, who is responsible for overseeing the coordination of planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of selected activities across channels of services delivery which include Outreach, Social Franchising, and Centres and other projects in the designated Counties of the assigned region.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordination of the Programme Activities - Support Regional teams in the development of annual and quarterly work plans, budgets and procurement plans for smooth implementation of activities
- Ensure financial resources are available according to the work plans of all programme activities, and are used effectively and efficiently
- Ensure that clear personal targets and objectives are set by individual FPO Team leaders, Centre Managers and Social Franchise Coordinators plus their members.
- Ensure effective operationalization of CLIC system in Centres with an aim of promoting its benefit realization component (Statistical analysis, reporting, tracking of income and performance)
- Support capacity building of the staff including service providers at franchised clinics to undergo requisite trainings as identified through regular training needs assessments
- Support channel leads within the region to undertake proper planning of staffing requirements to ensure continuous delivery of services
- Support Regional level planning, implementation, reporting, learning and reflection through coordinating and leading timely review meetings across the channels
- Facilitate cross synergy of all related programme activities including Outreach, Centres and Social Franchise channels.
- Ensure optimal integration of additional health services areas (eg. CCS PT, YFS, IMCI etc) across the service delivery channels within the organizations core service areas.
- Ensure the ArcGIS mapping tool is implemented routinely by field teams so as to capture the Geographical scope of activities for effective program coverage in the region
- Ensure consistent focus on the clients with delivery of high quality services within the region
- Advocacy and External Relations - Lead in the collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders, including County Government, other Implementing Partners, and internal stakeholders within the organization to achieve project and organizational deliverables.
- Act as the focal person for the organization at the regional level including representing at high level meeting/platforms where necessary
- Regularly appraise relevant Sub-CHMTs and CHMTs with ongoing operations including sharing program briefs as appropriate on a routine basis
- Coordinate regular stakeholders meetings with the teams across the channels
- Provide technical support across county SRH TWGs such as those on FP, Advocacy and ASRH
- Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation - Collate and analyze all regional channel leads MIS and narrative reports on all projects within the region for onward transmission to support unit.
- Coordinate store requisition, coordinate procurement issues within the organization at the regional level
- Provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements on monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Ensure judicious use and accountability of fund disbursed to region with timely and prudent surrenders of activity funds from the region
- Provide guidance on the proper use, handling and maintenance of all regional resources including vehicles, and other assets
- Support regional documentation of the program operations including developing relevant abstracts, research briefs, manuscripts, case studies and sharing the same internally, locally and internationally
- Continuously identify opportunities that fit within the organization growth areas in line with strategic plans and including supporting ongoing proposal development and concept papers
- Support clinics to grow and become sustainable with consistent surplus generated
Qualifications and Experience
- First degree or equivalent in health / biological sciences, or related discipline
- Must have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Possession of Masters in Public Health, Master of Science in Development studies, Master of Arts in Project Management and any relevant course is an added advantage
- Experience and knowledge of health financing or Kenyan health sector
- Clear ability to identify and set targets
- Budget management
- Excellent understanding of donor contract requirements
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org or before close of business 20th September, 2016.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and salary expectation on the subject line
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement