Sep 22, 2016
The Kenya Girl Guides Association (KGGA) is a member organization of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS).
KGGA is one of the largest youth Associations in Kenya.
KGGA operates through a value based program and has a national membership of girls and young women representing every race, ethnicity, culture, class and religion in Kenya.
We are looking to fill the position of Governance Officer who will be reporting to the Finance and Investments Manager, Kenya Girl Guides Association.
The position is short term for 8 months.
- Develop, recommend, maintain and strengthen policies and practices aimed at achieving the Mission of KGGA
- Support the review of the Constitution and Bylaws.
- Respond to queries about bylaw interpretation.
- Ensure risk management policy and procedures are in place.
- Carry out risk and compliance assessments and submit report of findings and recommendations.
- Support and participate in Audit Committee meetings and initiatives. Implement the decisions of the committee and review compliance with Governance Policies, Bylaws and Executive Committee directives related to governance.
- Act as resource to senior management, County Commissioners and members across the county on matters relating to governance.
- Monitor the governance policies and procedure to ensure the best and most efficient use of the organizations resources.
- Support the Regional Officers and collate information from the counties on performance.
- To be agreed with Line Manager
- LLB and Bachelors degree in Human Resource Development or Corporate Governance.
- Experience in, knowledge of and a passion for governance, in particular the writing and reviewing of policy and bylaws.
- An aptitude for thinking critically, methodically, analytically and strategically.
- Experience working for not-for-profit organization(s)
- Ability to work with a team and independently.
- Initiative, dependability and organizational ability
- Strong oral, written and comprehension skills.
- Excellent software expertise in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Understanding, awareness and experience related to the Governance of KGGA.
- Ability to interact with all levels of professional staff tactfully and effectively.
- Experience working with volunteers is desirable.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced commercial environment with serial deadlines.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position together with a detailed CV to email@example.com by 30th September 2016.
Indicate Governance Officer in the Subject Line. Late applications or hard copies will not be considered.
Please note: At no point in the entire recruitment process shall the candidate have to pay any money as a condition of engagement.
Only shortlisted candidates will have their applications acknowledged.
KGGA is an “equal opportunity organization” that is committed to hiring highly qualified individuals regardless of gender, religion, race, creed or marital status.